Director of Neurobiology (CRISPR)
Location: Cambridge, MA
HireMinds is partnered with a biotech founded by pioneers of CRISPR technologies who have conceived an RNA modulation platform focusing on diseases of high unmet need. Utilizing technology based on novel CRISPR-Cas systems this team can precisely and efficiently engineer the transcriptome without permanent modification of the DNA genome. They are seeking your Neurobiology expertise to lead a variety of programs in CNS therapeutic (ALS, Huntington's) focus using the company's CRISPR platform for RNA writing. You will use your industry experience to guide programs and develop in vitro and in vivo disease models to evaluate the efficacy, pharmacodynamics (PD), safety, and mechanisms-of-action of drug candidates. You will need to successfully collaborate with peers on Gene Regulation platform efforts and Delivery teammates on testing a variety of delivery modalities in advancing the company's therapeutic delivery approach in the CNS disease programs. You will serve as a leader of the CNS biology unit and will work closely with the executive team and scientific founders to drive forward the research and development strategy. If you are ready for an exciting leadership role in epigenetic editing contact the HireMinds Biotech team today to learn more and apply.
In This Role You'll Be Responsible For:
• Developing and driving the CNS translation strategy and implementation of clinically relevant CNS animal models for testing gene editing therapeutic candidates.
• Develop and devise critical experiments for in vitro and in vivo disease models to facilitate testing experimental hypotheses in CNS programs.
• Evaluate the efficacy, pharmacodynamics, safety, and mechanisms-of-action of drug candidates via genomic and functional readouts.
• Recruit and manage the neurobiology team and CRO partners.
• Independently execute studies, analyze data, share conclusions, and propose follow up experiments.
• Identify implementation risks inherent in the experimental approaches and propose alternative strategies.
• Work with Delivery teammates in the testing of various viral and/or non-viral delivery strategies for therapeutic constructs.
• Examine data and prepare technical reports, summaries, and present at team meetings to key stakeholders.
You'll Bring With You:
• PhD in Neurobiology, Cellular Biology, or Pharmacology with 7+ years of industry Biotech or Pharmaceutical experience.
• Expert level knowledge of CNS and neurobiology, the latest clinically relevant CNS models and drug development advancements in the field and proven track record of publications in the space to exemplify subject matter expertise.
• Adept knowledge of delivery of CNS biologics, RNA, or gene therapy/editing molecules.
• Experience in the design, execution, interpretation of rodent and NHP preclinical of CNS and Neurology disorders.
• Experience managing direct reports, CROs, and collaborating with project teams with successful outcomes.
• Willingness to implement new strategies, and cutting-edge technologies and methods
• Analytical problem solving abilities to approach novel scientific questions and ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines in an evolving biotech setting.
• Excellent planning, organization, and time management skills, including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects and guide team activities to meet company goals.
• Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization which requires flexibility, and a willingness to take on novel discovery efforts through implementing new strategies and by applying cutting-edge technologies and methods