We are looking to hire a Lab Head
of Structural Biology
to join us in our mission to discover and develop drugs that improve human health through the use of breakthrough computational methods. We are seeking outstanding individuals to join our drug discovery group and contribute to our rapidly expanding portfolio of drug discovery programs and collaborations.
Our drug discovery and early clinical development team includes a cross-functional group of scientists and drug developers with experience working on all common target classes and therapeutic areas. The group is supported by more than 100 software developers and engineers as well as a large-scale computer infrastructure to apply our proprietary physics-based drug design and optimization platform. Ten of the programs we have worked on have progressed into preclinical development with four currently in clinical trials and one approved by the FDA.
This position will be based in the Greater Boston area at our new facility in Natick, MA. Who will love this job:
What you will do:
- A passionate scientist with strong expertise in structural biology, protein biochemistry, biophysics, and structure-based drug discovery
- Someone with experience in a fast-paced industrial environment working extensively with multiple teams across different departments
What you should have:
- Manage a team of structural biologists/protein biochemists
- Implement and oversee a gene-to-structure pipeline
- A PhD in structural biology or a related discipline
- A minimum of 5 years experience in an industrial/biotech setting, preferably with experience leading and managing a team
- Extensive experience and drive in applying protein biochemistry to all aspects of drug discovery programs, with an emphasis on structural biology applications
- Extensive practical experience and expertise in all aspects of a gene-to-structure pipeline using X-ray crystallography and/or cryo-EM
- Demonstrable track record of leading a group that routinely produces structures for drug discovery projects
- Ability to direct and manage a large group of scientists efficiently and effectively
- Excellent management and interpersonal skills
Proven track record in presenting scientific results (both written and verbal) to internal and external audiences Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it's people that make a company great. Because of this, we're prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running. Sound exciting? Apply today and join us! As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.