Policy and Legislative AnalystLocation:
Silver Spring, MD, Pascagoula, MS Gloucester, MA and St. Petersburg, FLClearance Required:
Public Trust EligibleDescription
IBSS is seeking a Full Time Policy and Legislative Analyst to provide policy development, legislative analysis and compliance support to the NOAA Office of Sustainable Fisheries. If you are looking to be an instrumental part of a growing, employee and customer-focused company working on exciting issues in environmental science and other marine/coastal resources we want to hear from you!Key Responsibilities:
Required Skills /Education/ Certifications & Qualifications:
- Monitor and track legislative proposals.
- Assist with congressional activity required for the annual budget preparation.
- Prepare various fact sheets for internal and external customers.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations that incorporate various charts and tables with supporting narrative.
- Review, prepare, and/or coordinate congressional testimony, questions for the record, questions and answers, liaison to NOAA legislative staff.
- Perform special projects such as assessing the impact of congressional actions.
- Evaluate and analyze NOAA-wide activities that support fisheries management and leadership.
- Develop strategies for congressional communications on program and budget issues.
- Support the government's requirements to comply with and provide support for with broad federal programs including: Interagency agreements; Office of the Inspector General and General Accounting Office liaison; Freedom of Information Act, Federal Register submissions; A-76 studies and Federal Activities Inventory Reform (FAIR) Act compliance.
- Conduct socio-economic analyses of the impact of NOAA Fisheries plans and proposals.
- Develop alternatives, recommendations, presentations, and support management initiatives.
- Provide written correspondence and reports to provide background and supporting information.
About IBSS Corp.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marine Sciences or related field
- 1-3 years experience in relevant field
- Program planning and management in a team environment
- Developing performance metrics and milestones
- Working with diverse interagency teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Developing and monitoring resource investment strategies
- Working with marine fisheries information programs or other science-based programs
- Dashboard data analytics
IBSS is a Woman-Owned business. Since 1992, IBSS has provided specialized professional, scientific, technical, cybersecurity, IT, and software engineering solutions to the Federal sector. Our clients include the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the Department of Defense (DoD), and the Department of Justice (DOJ). We are committed to serving our clients and employees by delivering service excellence, creating value through technology, and continually improving our skills, services, and processes. Moreover, we maintain an ISO 9001:2015 certification which allows us to optimize current industry best practices to enhance delivery outcomes for our clients.
IBSS offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage with company-paid deductible, paid time off, federal holidays, matching 401K plan, tuition/professional development reimbursement, and Flex-Spending (FSA)/Dependent Care Account (DCA) options.
IBSS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.