EHS Specialist Position Summary:
The position of EHS Specialist provides a professional service role dedicated to the identification and management of safety, health and environmental risks on behalf of PADNOS. The EHS Specialist works within the EHS department and can engage cross-functionally with every department, leader and Team Member in the company. This role embodies three major buckets of responsibility.
* Fulfilling the safety partnership pillars for an assigned group through systemic field visits and support.
* Plan and manage to completion assigned key EHS related projects.
* Execute other EHS related areas of ownership for the department and company as a whole with a high level of quality.
This is a people-centered role requiring excellent professionalism, communication, problem-solving, project management and teamwork abilities. Additional characteristics and skills necessary to be a good fit for this position include the ability to manage work time effectively, strong hazard recognition, ambition to grow ones professional aptitude as a safety practitioner through self-education and research, exude a passion and desire for safety excellence, proficiently navigate office-based software (Excel, Outlook, Word, ppt, etc), embrace detail and analytics for the trending of data, present assertiveness and a desire to drive and own safety results, experience with root causation, and safety program writing and development. The right person for this role is a teacher by nature, organized, embraces self-accountability and holding others accountable for excellence, professionally objective with a high level of integrity, and processes constructive criticism and feedback well.
Some expected responsibilities include:
* Manage safety performance for assigned departments/groups
* Safety Audit and Coaching field visits
* Safety meeting facilitation and attendance
* Incident investigations
* Safety Topic program development (assessing, writing, training)
* Develop and present training programs
* Manage and audit data in the safety database system
* Own and execute assigned projects and program topics
EHS Specialist Position Qualifications:
* Experience in Microsoft Office Suite
* Experience in project management
* Excellent communication skills
* Familiar with forms of media and technology
* Organizational skills, with projects, people, and ideas
* Experience managing safety initiatives in a manufacturing setting
* Competitive Wage
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* 100% Tuition reimbursement for Team Members
* 75% Tuition Reimbursement for dependents
* First Time Home Buying Assistance
* 401K Match and Profit Sharing
* Performance Driven Bonuses