Walker James Group have partnered an innovative producer of high performing polymers who are strengthening a production facility based in Central New Jersey which is critical to their global supply chain.
As part of one of the leading chemical and refining companies, this is a business that relies on a global network of dedicated exerts who thrive in a working environment that truly embodies the "people first" business structure.
As part of some high-profile investment, the NJ site is undergoing major revamp work as well as site expansion resulting in new headcount. Part of this project brings the requirement for a new Senior Environmental Engineer
.What will you be doing?
- Leading and developing site programs including DPCC, LDAR and RCRA, ensuring compliance with all regulations concerning land, water, air, waste, and any other site environmental issues.
- Maintaining the EMS (Environmental Management System) under ISO14001. This will include communicating policy changes, supporting senior management on review processes as well as leading and implementing environmental awareness and training for the site.
- Management of all personal safety for fellow employees, contractors, and site visitors.
- Supporting any and all site environmental issues.
- Serving as the key liaison between the site, local community, and regulating agencies, regarding environmental affairs ensuring a long term, trusting relationship is maintained.
- Collecting necessary data and submitting SARA 313 toxic and release inventory reports, and NJDEP pollution progress reports when required.
There will be health and safety duties also, these include:
- Helping to implement site safety policy.
- Correcting or reporting all non-confirming conditions.
- Complying wit all health and safety rules.
- Participating in site health and safety programs.
- Attending all required health and safety related meetings and training sessions.
A passionate specialist who is committed to EHS matters for highly regulated production sites.
Natural communicator, thriving in working with groups of people both in business and residents.
Knowledge of RCRA and DPCC.
University education in Engineering, Chemistry, Chemical, Environmental or related field.
At least 3 years working on a high regulated production facility, or service provider supporting the highly regulated production industry.What else could you bring to the table?
Further training certificates in health and safety.
Advanced degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Chemical, Environmental or relate field.
Deep rooted environmental knowledge from working on a chemical production facility.What's offered in return?
Compensation includes a base salary (negotiable), bonus, 401K, pension, employee stock purchase schemes, investment planning and a wide variety of lifestyle benefits.
Personal development plans that will support your goals.