If you care about the environment and want to do work that improves our planet, consider joining our team as an Environmental Project Manager! For almost 50 years, Bay West LLC (Bay West) has been a recognized leader delivering Environmental Solutions nation-wide and we're proud of our stellar safety programs and records. We're a unique mix of expertise & strong tenured employees in the following services: Environmental Consulting, Engineering, Emergency Response and Waste Management for a mixed portfolio of Federal, State, Municipal, & Industrial/Commercial clients.
Due to growth at Bay West in our commercial environmental consulting services, we are seeking an Environmental Project Manager. This position will primarily manage projects at contaminated properties in Minnesota and Wisconsin including environmental due diligence sites (Phase I and II environmental site assessments), brownfield redevelopment sites, and investigations and cleanups for commercial and public sector clients. Other projects may involve petroleum limited site investigations, regulated materials assessments, or other environmental projects. Responsibilities
Education and Training
- Prepare detailed instructions for field staff and mid-level professionals and direct their project work.
- Prepare and/or review project deliverables including work plans, project reports, bidding specifications, and other correspondence using technical writing and analysis skills.
- Prepare both individual project proposals and support or lead large-scale company commercial proposal efforts.
- Collaboratively work and coordinate with other staff to problem solve and produce high quality creative solutions for our customers.
- Make frequent customer/client contact and prepare project status reports.
- Review draft invoices and timesheets prepare final invoices, and appropriately manage project financial performance.
- Travel occasionally to perform field safety audits, kickoff field work, or meet with clients, regulators, and other project stakeholders.
- Routinely attend meetings, conferences, and industry functions as a Bay West representative for business development and recruiting.
- Foster safety, mentoring, authenticity, and accountability within your team and throughout the company as we strive to become a "best place to work".
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering, geology, environmental science, biology, or related field.
Qualifications and Experience Preferred
- Minimum of five years of experience in environmental consulting, with project management experience on investigation and cleanup projects preferably in Minnesota and Wisconsin, including preparing instructions for and directing support staff.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental regulations (especially MPCA guidance documents and the state of Minnesota Contractor and Subcontracting Purchasing Manual and Wisconsin regulations - NR 700 and NR 140), along with other environmental assessment field data collection methods and procedures.
- Effective and demonstrable technical writing and data analysis/management skills.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training and current refreshers.
- Ability to work on fast-paced projects and supply a quality deliverable that exceeds customer expectations.
- Ability to foster friendly, positive, productive and team relationships.
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to be self-directed and work independently, as well as a team-player.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Interested in continued professional growth including attendance at professional conferences, external training, and course work.
- Experience in another environmental service line such as regulated materials assessment, Phase I ESA preparation and/or review, industrial services, or other similar examples.
- Project management experience working directly for the MPCA and WDNR.
Bay West Offer a Robust Benefits Package Including
- Professional licensure as a PG, PE, CHMM, PMP.
- Employer subsidized medical, health savings account and dental plan.
- Employer paid vacation time, sick time, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage.
- Additional benefit options including 401(k) plan, vision coverage, supplemental life insurance, critical illness and accident coverage, dependent care and healthcare flexible spending accounts.
- Support and encouragement to obtain additional credentials and certifications.
- Culture that empowers all employees to stop a job - we walk the safety talk!
- Competitive wages and individual consideration as your expertise and responsibilities expand.
- Business casual environment with great co-workers.
In exchange for your high performance and team participation, Bay West offers long term growth potential, continued training, a competitive hourly rate to include overtime, a solid medical and dental plan, 401K, paid vacation, holiday and sick time, annual merit increases and a bonus potential.
Bay West is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Bay West is an EEO/AA Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employer.