JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the world's largest door and window manufacturers, with more than 22,000 employees operating in 24 countries globally. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, JELD-WEN designs, produces and distributes an extensive range of interior and exterior doors, wood, vinyl and aluminium windows and related products for use in the new construction and repair and remodelling of residential homes and non-residential buildings.
Our products and services afford us the opportunity to enter peoples' workplaces, homes and daily lives. With this privilege comes great responsibility to ensure that the products we deliver are reliable and enrich the places and lives that they touch. We bring beauty and security to the spaces that touch our lives.
We act with integrity, invest in people, inspire through innovation, deliver on our promises and improve every day. We are seeking talented individuals who share this purpose and values and want to excel in their field of expertise. We offer excellent benefits, a collaborative environment in which to apply your talent and a dynamic and growing company, with exceptional career progression opportunities.Job Purpose
The Environmental Coordinator will support the site Environmental Health & Safety Manager with the management of all environmental tasks, recordkeeping, periodic inspections, and soil/water sampling. The Environmental Coordinator will also act as a resource by providing technical expertise to site personnel across the facility to promote a sustainable and preventative compliance culture.
The successful candidate must be able to complete environmental compliance tasks on time for the facility. The candidate will assist the EH&S manager with environmental assessments, preparing environmental reports & submittals, calculating emissions, managing environmental control devices, and associated monitoring equipment, managing environmental data, tracking permits and reporting due dates, interacting with regulatory agencies, developing and providing tools to assist in maintaining compliance and training.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supporting the site EH&S manager in the management of multi-media environmental compliance programs (Air, Drinking Water, Stormwater, SPCC, Wastewater, Hazardous Waste, Asbestos, etc.) and permitting actions.
- Perform soil and water sampling.
- Manage hazardous waste under RCRA requirements.
- Ensuring chemical usage is tracked properly and on time.
- Identifying potential non-compliant environmental conditions along with implementing solutions to address the potential non-compliance.
- Implementing and managing environmental management systems to address the regulatory requirements required of the JELD-WEN facility.
- Assist the site EH&S manager in preparing and submitting reports to various regulatory agencies.
- Act as an interface between environmental regulatory agencies and the facility.
- Training site employees on environmental compliance requirements.
- Communicating environmental actions to facility management.
- Performing inspections and evaluations of facilities, processes, and equipment.
- Conducting routine environmental assessments and developing corrective action s.
- Assist the site EH&S manager in developing standards and work practices to promote a proactive and preventative compliance program.
- Meet internal regulatory deadlines.
- Up to 10% overnight travel is required for training and maintaining certification.
- 3 + years of environmental experience preferably in a manufacturing organization.
- Experience managing multi-media environmental compliance programs ( Air, Drinking Water, Stormwater, SPCC, Wastewater, Hazardous Waste, Asbestos, etc. ).
- Knowledge of EPA and state environmental regulations.
- Strong communication, presentation, training and facilitation, project management skills are essential.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Exemplary customer service skills and attention to detail.
- Advanced skills using the Microsoft suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience using web-based systems to support EH&S, e.g., Gen-Suite.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed, to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
JELD-WEN is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by JELD-WEN, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services