PPM Consultants is seeking an Environmental Specialist in PPM's Monroe, LA Office. The primary role of this position is to support environmental permitting and compliance projects related to air quality, water quality, and waste management. The selected candidate will help grow our team of environmental compliance professionals.Key Responsibilities & Tasks
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- Conduct compliance inspections at industrial facilities
- NPDES Wastewater and Stormwater Permits
- Waste Generator Compliance
- Title V Permit Compliance
- Manage and assist in plan writing and/or permit applications
- Prepare technical and regulatory reports, letters, memoranda, plans, and proposals
- Communicate with clients
- Travel to client sites as needed
- Bachelor's degree in science, engineering, or a related field
- 5-6 years of implementing environmental compliance programs, environmental consulting, or regulatory agency experience
- A strong interest in learning about environmental regulatory programs
- Ability to develop a positive relationship with our clients and employees
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong knowledge and use of Microsoft Office suite.
- An ability to think ahead and problem solve.
- Must have a valid driver license and be able to pass the company DMV check.
- OSHA 40 hour HAZWOPER certification is a major plus.
- Ability to pass background check.
: Medical and dental insurance; 401k; Bonus Plan; and more.