Why work at MD&A?
MD&A is a world class, global supplier for power generation maintenance services, repairs, and parts in the utility and industrial industries. Here we offer incredible opportunities for personal growth, fantastic benefits, and the chance to become a part of an exceptional team!
What is the job?
This role is 75% Safety, 15% Environmental, 10% Health. Provide leadership, oversight and commitment to the development, implementation, and administration of Environmental, Health and Safety programs for the MD&A Repairs Div. (Shop & Customer Site Operations). Measure and report leading and lagging indicators and support operations leadership in the effective management of EHS requirements. Deliver training programs, ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations and company standards, participate in the incident/ hazard investigation process and assist in the implementation of corrective actions.
Maintain and improve the EHS Management System for the Repairs Div.
What will you be doing?
· Responsible for managing all aspects of the occupational health and safety function including, compliance to OSHA, exposure assessment, industrial hygiene, training development, risk assessments, recordkeeping, reporting, and emergency response.
· Interprets, recommends, and audits compliance activities at this site with respect to regulations and/or company policy. Assures compliance with safety, health and environmental laws and regulations issued by, OSHA, EPA and other federal, state and local agencies.
· Handles all regulatory correspondence, permitting and reporting as well as all interaction with a variety of agencies, including OSHA, State and local fire and health officials.
· Support the implementation of a companywide compliance schedule on all environmental and safety matters utilizing multiple software platforms.
· Devises, develops, and monitors effective EH&S management strategies and makes recommendations on the implementation of these strategies.
· Reviews and develops health and safety compliance policies, procedures, and guidance, in keeping with best industry practices. Oversees the development, plan and implementation of environmental, occupational health and safety programs and policies/procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
· Liaison with regulatory bodies, prepares and submits all required reports, to ensure safety and environmental compliance.
· Assists VP of Repairs by completing and communicating reports for leading and lagging indicators on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
· Development and implementation of proactive safety, industrial hygiene, health and environmental activities which facilitate compliance, are cost effective and protect employee health and safety.
· Serves as a technical/regulatory resource in the areas of occupational safety, industrial hygiene and health.
· Maintain a safe and clean working environment, follow set safety and quality processes and procedures, and engage in continuous improvement to the safety and quality culture by escalating concerns and contributing to improvements with ideas/solutions
· All other duties as assigned
Minimum qualifications you need to bring to the table:
· Education and/or Experience: Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Engineering or related field from two or four-year College or university; and Six (6) to Ten (10) years related experience and/or training.
· Experience working with Industrial Hygiene Consultants to ensure adequate employee and process exposure monitoring is performed, communicated, and documented and effective.
· Experience implementing and effectively managing environmental requirements in factory/shop environment with relatively low scope/exposure (Ex. SPCC, SWPP, RCRA, etc.)
· Computer Skills: Knowledge of database applications, spreadsheet and word processing software, e-mail, MS Teams, technical diagrams, flow charts, etc.
· Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Preferred qualifications to bring to the table:
· Successful completion of a board safety certification such as Certified Safety professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM)
· Experience with Overhead Crane and Rigging operations.
· Education/Experience with Human and Organizational Performance Concepts (HOP, HPI, New View, Safety Differently, etc.)
MD&A is an equal opportunity employer.