ECORP is seeking a highly motivated, dynamic, client-centered professional to fill a role for a Staff or Senior CEQA/NEPA Environmental Planner based out of ECORP's Chico office. In addition to providing environmentally centered services, the selected team member may be asked to assist with land use and urban planning centered activities. They will be responsible for conducting and overseeing impact analysis, report preparation, document review, business development, research, and field work related to CEQA/NEPA documentation and technical studies and staff training.
Experience with CEQA-Plus compliance and/or Caltrans requirements and resource agency (U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, California Department of Fish and Wildlife, and Regional Water Quality Control Board) permitting is a plus. The level of responsibility and performance should be that of someone with at least 10 years of relevant experience for a senior staff member and 5+ years of relevant experience for a Staff level member.
One of the primary responsibilities of the position is to contribute to building and supporting our local CEQA/NEPA practice as well as contribute to a statewide practice in coordination with our other corporate offices extending across California and beyond.
Responsibilities in this position may include:
- identifying and developing new opportunities, preparing effective proposals, and actively developing new business with new and existing clients (Senior-level staff member).
- training and mentoring staff on CEQA/NEPA and other planning/environmental requirements;
- preparing and managing complex environmental documentation for a wide variety of local and regional projects;
- conducting complex analysis of data;
- interacting with clients (product, budgeting, billing, scheduling, invoicing, etc.);
- involvement in planning/environmental professional organizations;
- demonstrated confidence in decision-making and expertise in CEQA/NEPA and related technical areas; and
- possessing existing positive relationships with Sacramento Valley and northern California CEQA/NEPA lead agencies and resource agencies.
Background requirements include: Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Studies, Planning or Natural Sciences (forestry, agriculture, hydrology, geology, etc.) or a related field with 10+ years of relevant experience for a senior-level position and at least 5+ years of relevant experience for a staff-level position. For senior-level staff, it is preferable that at least some of the most recent experience must show successful project management for northern California cities, counties, infrastructure agencies, resource agencies and other lead agencies.
Salary commensurate with experience. ECORP offers an excellent benefits package and working environment. ECORP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please visit our website www.ecorpconsulting.com for more information about ECORP and for instructions for applying or email a cover letter, CV/resume, and references to email@example.com.