The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) Infectious Disease is responsible for medical and scientific engagement across the continuum of customers on disease states applicable to bioMérieux, Inc. in vitro diagnostic products, and the clinical application, utility, and impact of existing and future products. As part of the bioMerieux team, the MSL will work to ensure proper understanding and utilization of bioMerieux's in vitro diagnostic products through fair and balanced scientific exchange.Responsibilities:
Studies and Experience:
- Keep up-to-date withscientific and medical knowledgein the areas of interest for the company (mainly Infectious Diseases/ microbiology and Acute care) in order to provide relevant advice to appropriate individuals within the country/subsidiary; attend pertinent sessions of healthcare-associated meetings (government, NGO, medical, patient, etc.); meet with KOLs/experts and healthcare providers and be knowledgeable in the relevant medical literature, developments and guidelines.
- Identify, engage and developlong term relationships with current and rising thought leaders(KOLs, experts, others) in infectious diseases, laboratory medicine, critical care and other relevant specialties (laboratory personnel, infection control, pharmacists, etc.). Build a strong network of pertinent and relevant experts in order to obtain relevant advice, expert opinion, collaborations.
- Contribute tomedical education and communications, both internally and externally, for the portfolio of bioMérieux in vitro diagnostic products in a fair and balanced manner.
- Develop and Maintain aterritory medical engagement strategic planto drive bioMerieux Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) and Antimicrobial Stewardship Program (ASP) strategy and communicate market insights with US and Global Medical Affairs leadership.
- Identify potential research gaps and lead/contribute to local post market studies and successfully driveinvestigator-initiated research efforts(contact with investigators, creation and validation of study design, study monitoring, results analysis, etc.).
- Respond to unsolicited requests forMedical Informationincluding off-label scientific evidence associated with supported products and disease state areas using evidenced-based research presented in a fair and balanced manner and in accordance with applicable regulations, guidelines and bioMerieux policies, procedures and practices.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in health sciences area (PhD Microbiologist or equivalent) with minimum 5 years experience in Clinical Infectious Disease
- Medical Microbiology Fellowship is preferred
- Experience with pharma/IVD industry preferred
- Excellent knowledge of hospital/clinical/medical issues and environment
- Experience with IVD products and/or clinical lab environment is highly desirable
- Preferred previous minimum 3-5 years Medical Science Liaison/Medical Affairs experience
- Knowledge of regional specific healthcare systems and clinical practices related to patient care
- Demonstrated experience translating value of laboratory innovation into clinical application
- Strong communication and relationship development skills
- Management or supervisory experience preferred