Work under the direction of the Environmental Manager, West Coast to lead all plant environmental compliance and management system functions and activities. Coordinate, implement and monitor plant environmental processes and activities to ensure regulatory compliance and conformance to AGI environmental policies and procedures. Including but not limited to:
* Provide direction to the plant regarding all environmental issues and regulatory concerns.
* Initiate, monitor and maintain existing and comprehensive environmental programs (i.e. SWPPP, SPCC, CEMS, Hazardous Waste, & ISO 14001).
* Develop and deliver training and training tools for all relevant internal environmental initiatives and regulatory required environmental training.
* Provide prioritized environmental direction to plant personnel.
* Conduct root cause analysis to identify opportunities for improvement. Communicate findings and solutions to appropriate management and employees and track and evaluate implementation.
* Provide technical environmental oversight to manufacturing and other related departments to ensure adequacy and uniformity of program implementation efforts, identification of synergies and positive environmental outcomes.
* Conduct and participate in EHS committees and meetings.
* Complete required weekly, monthly & quarterly inspections.
* Complete and submit environmental reports.
* Pursue continuous improvement with cost reduction planning.
* Work with AGI Corporate environmental counterparts to improve overall environmental performance and reduce risk. Including auditing and facility representation.
* Manage environmental consultants and represent Ardagh during regulatory interactions.
* Undergraduate degree in environmental science, environmental engineering and/or scientific area of study with a minimum of 2-5 years of professional industrial field experience in the planning, development, and implementation of environmental management systems and compliance programs.
* Professional environmental certifications highly desirable.
* Education and experience must clearly indicate the existence of specialized knowledge and successful track record in the initiation, design and implementation and monitoring of critical environmental programs, functions, and equipment.
* Must have solid knowledge of federal, state and local environmental, regulations, rules and standards.
* Must have excellent organizational and cross functional skills, as well as oral and written communication skills.
* High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required.
* Must be self-motivated, and be able to make independent, informed, and prioritized decisions.
* Must be able to work in both individual and team industrial work settings with minimal supervision.
Environment & Physical requirements:
* Normal office setting and warm manufacturing environment when in plant.
* Hearing, eye and foot protection must be worn in the plants, as well as other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
* Position requires full physical capacity to climb ladders, catwalks, etc.
About Ardagh Group
Ardagh Group is a global leader in metal and glass packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world's leading brands. We trace our roots all the way back to the Irish Glass Bottle Company, founded in 1932. Since then we have grown rapidly to a team of more than 16,000 people with revenues of almost $7 billion.
Today we have a presence across Europe and the Americas.
• Did you know that Ardagh produce many of the beverage cans and bottles you drink your favorite beverages from?
• Did you know we produce metal and glass packaging which are permanent materials, meaning they can be infinitely recycled without any loss of quality?
• Did you know we produce more than 160 million containers per day?
Ardagh is passionate about sustainability and have a reputation for innovation. We push the boundaries of what's possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy.
Our aim is to reduce any negative environmental impact while remaining economically sustainable and socially responsible.
We believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people.
We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential, and where their achievements are celebrated.
Here at Ardagh, we offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for talented and creative people. If you have ambition and want to make an impact with your career, come and join our team, you'll enjoy the journey!
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.