The United Green is America's Premier Cannabis Staffing Provider. We connect the Industry's Top Talent with Cannabis Companies throughout the United States. Our experienced team has a passion for networking and placing job seekers into the career of their dreams. No matter your background or experience, we're here to help you Grow! Elevate your Career in Cannabis with The United Green.
Our client, a premier Cannabis Testing Facility, is seeking a Microbiologist to join their team for their Worcester, Massachusetts location. Cannabis experience is preferred but not required. This lab will provide Analytical chemistry, Microbiology and QA/QC testing services exclusively for Cannabis and Hemp Products. The microbiologist will be performing and/or overseeing compliance and R&D testing on Cannabis/Hemp flowers, extracts, edibles, oils.
* Oversee and perform the preparation and analysis of samples consisting of a variety of matrices using RT-PCR and 3M petrifilm plating
* Data entry, sample intake, and sample management using the LIMS and word processing as required
* Maintain inventory of samples, laboratory supplies, sample storage and disposal, cleaning, and other supporting lab processes
* Properly dispose of chemical and biohazard waste
* Cleaning and maintenance of equipment, laboratory glassware, and laboratory facility
* Maintain, calibrate, document, and troubleshoot laboratory instrumentation
* Participates in training and continuous improvement projects
* Takes ownership of issues and follows through to resolution
* Participate in laboratory investigations and resolution
* Ensure customer results are reported quickly and accurately, meeting the laboratory performance metrics
* Follow all regulatory requirements and established SOPs, including safety and health, quality assurance, and quality control
* Compliance with all local and state guidelines requiring a chain of custody of controlled substances
* Must have a bachelor's degree in Microbiology or related field; or hold a current license as a Clinical Laboratory Personnel
* Must be able to assign tasks and oversee others confidently
* Instrument experience required - RT-PCR, Analytical balances, pipettes, and centrifuges petrifilm: qualitative and quantitative
* Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment, including Word, Excel
* Ability to prioritize tasks and maintain a strong work ethic
* Experience in a highly regulated industry preferred (ex. Environmental, CLIA, USDA, GLP, FDA, and ISO 17025).
* Salary up to $70k (based on experience)
* Competitive benefits package