Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist
Location: Anaheim, CA (92805)
Job ID: #64981
* DOD issued Secret level Clearance preferred.
Seeking an Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist to support Maritime operations in the Gardena, CA. The successful candidate will have comprehensive knowledge of environmental, health, safety and sustainability programs, experience setting up and managing EHS programs in industrial and engineering settings and have a project management background.
The EHS Specialist will be responsible for implementing, and maintaining the policies, programs, and procedures within the EHS management system, and will ensure compliance with all federal, state, local, and customer EHS requirements.
The role will also serve as a subject matter expert in occupational safety and health, environmental, and sustainability matters for Gardena, CA. The EHS Specialist must serve as a change agent and demonstrate the ability to guide operations leaders in implementing EHS programs, building a zero-injury culture, and minimizing impact on the environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Participate actively with the organizations leadership to establish policies and directions to achieve the targets and objectives within the EHS program.
2. Assist in developing company environment, health and safety (EHS) programs and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state and local environmental health and safety regulations.
3. Responsible for implementing, and monitoring company environment, health and safety (EHS) programs and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state and local environmental health and safety regulations.
4. Works with stakeholders in the organization during space planning, building expansions and/or other changes in facilities or work areas to ensure EHS requirements and regulations are met.
5. Remains current with all applicable regulations and company policies and advise leadership in EHS-related programmatic change recommendations or requirements.
6. Focuses on continuous improvement of EHS programs in processes, systems, and products
7. Prepares and completes environmental, health and safety reports, permits, and any other types of EHS requirements.
8. Assist in the implementation of EHS projects such as: hazardous communication training, air inventory logs, hoist safety program, PPE selection, machine guarding, accident investigations, workers compensation, lockout/tagout training, etc.
9. Maintain current chemical inventory and approve new chemicals to the facility.
10. Conducts job hazard assessments to identify and mitigate hazards in the workplace.
11. Leads EHS committees and engages all employees to take ownership of EHS.
12. Supports pollution prevention and sustainability project identification and execution.
13. Supports and guides accident investigations to determine thorough root cause and produces and maintains necessary documentation and permits.
14. Establishes and maintains necessary contacts with site, county, state, federal regulatory agencies.
15. Manages the hazardous materials and waste storage areas; guides receiving and storage of hazardous materials and waste plus waste minimization projects. Interacts with Treatment Storage Disposal Facilities to profile waste streams.
16. Assists with major environmental activities: emission quantification, South Coast Air Quality Management District activities, storm water permit compliance, and sources reduction.
17. Audits production departments for EHS regulatory compliance and assist production management in maintaining a positive safety culture on the floor.
18. Conducts workplace surveys, safety audits and assessments. Advises management of conditions requiring corrective actions
19. Assist in instructing departmental personnel on the proper handling of chemicals, labeling and disposal of hazardous waste in accordance with GHS.
20. Participates as member of the Emergency Response Team. Keeps current on new development in the field.
21. Performs other duties as required by Management.
22. Up to 20% support for the Anaheim facility.
23. Flexible to support off-shift or weekend activities and response measures, when needed, and able to travel 10% of the time.
Technical/Functional skills:Preferred Additional Skills:
Benefits provided: 6 paid holidays, 401K, medical, dental, and vision, sick time as applicable to state law
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity and inclusion for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.