Abveris (now a part of Twist Bioscience) is Boston's premier antibody discovery company providing contract research services to the biopharma industry. Abveris applies advanced immunization methods combined with B cell screening and hybridoma-based antibody discovery technologies to provide comprehensive reagent and therapeutic antibody discovery services. Abveris is developing the next generation of biologics, cell therapies, vaccines, and diagnostics in partnership with global leaders in biopharma.
This management role supports our growing molecular biology team and oversees a number of contributing activities such as cloning, antibody sequencing, single B-cell discovery, antibody repertoire analysis, high throughput PCR amplification and other downstream molecular biology techniques required for various cloning methods and subsequent recombinant expression. In addition, the role will expand our antibody engineering capabilities, including humanization, affinity maturation, analysis of high-dimensional data sets and in silico modeling.
· Oversee sequence design and cloning strategies while integrating new techniques to enable high throughput processing.
· Manage high throughput PCR-based techniques for antibody amplification and sequence analysis, including NGS-based antibody analysis with Geneious Prime and Biologics.
· Process computational and statistical approaches for high-dimensional data analysis.
· Guide antibody engineering approaches for humanization and sequence optimization.
· Developing new techniques for execution in the lab and subsequent downstream analysis.
· Drafting, analyzing, preparing, and presenting complex data sets to key members of scientific team.
· PhD in Biology or other related discipline with 3+ years of industry experience in molecular and cellular biology with antibody therapeutics.
· Direct antibody research with extensive hands-on molecular biology and NGS technology required.
· At least 3 years of documented hands-on (wet lab) experience with antibody sequence analysis, B-cell isolation and downstream processing for advanced molecular biology applications
· In-depth knowledge of standard NGS platforms, bioinformatics pipelines and protein modeling software.
· Experience in high throughput techniques, including automated PCR setup, cloning and quality control analysis.
· Experience with software programming and bioinformatics solutions to organize complex data sets and develop visualization solutions.
Canton, MA-March 10, 2022-The Business...