About the role:
As a Computational Biologist or Senior Computational Biologist at Takeda (leveling and title based on experience), you will apply machine learning methods for clinical biomarker identification and validation on data including molecular profiling data, imaging, unstructured text data, EHR data, and RWW. You will also support translational and clinical bioinformatics needs for key oncology cell therapy clinical projects, including high-throughput data QC, processing, analysis, and integration. You will report to our Translational and Clinical Bioinformatics lead/Director of Cell Therapy.
How you will contribute:
• Represent bioinformatics function on global project teams to support oncology cell therapy clinical science and translational research projects.
• Play a leadership role in the development of the study synopsis, protocol, biomarker analysis plan, clinical study report, ensuring accurate and valid deliverables.
• Perform end-to-end data analyses, from hypotheses formulation, experimental design, writing analysis plans, data cleaning, executing analysis, and preparing reports and documentation.
• Work with biologists and clinicians to conduct analyses, data integration and data interpretation.
• Identify bioinformatic pipelines to process and QC omics data types including genomics, transcriptomics, single cell sequencing, spatial genomics, proteomics, metabolomics, immunophenotyping and other omics technologies.
• Interpret preclinical and clinical datasets using appropriate computational and statistical methods.
• Create visualizations, interpret high dimensional data and explain results to teams.
• Plan computational biology activities internally and in partnership with external CROs and academic partners, including complex projects requiring collaboration with multiple members of the team and organizations.
• Write study reports and present data in all settings and with participants of all levels.
• Determine methods for new assignments; perform literature search to propose solutions
• Conduct scientific presentations to internal audiences
• PhD degree in a scientific discipline, or MS with 5+ years experience, or BS with 7+ years experience
• Passion about science and technologies
• Experience designing and conducting computational biology activities to meet program goals; able to contribute to timelines and resource needs as indicated.
• Background in cell/gene therapy, oncology or immunology
• Familiarity with popular public domain data sources and API.
• Background with high dimensional data analysis derived from Next Generation Sequencing, hands-on experience developing bioinformatic pipelines for data analysis including some of the following: RNASeq, DNASeq, epigenomics, single cell sequencing, TCRseq, BCRseq, and immunophenotying data.
• Experience with molecular biology and genomics, and disease biology such as cancer and immunology.
• Knowledge of and experience with machine learning, deep learning, statistical inference and bioinformatic techniques.
• Solid knowledge of Unix/Linux, command line interfaces, and fluency in some common scripting and/or programming language (e.g., R, Python, Perl, Java, C / C++).
What Takeda can offer you:
Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
Family Planning Support
Flexible Work Paths
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Boston, MAWorker Type