HELIX Environmental Planning, Inc
DescriptionHELIX Environmental Planning, Inc. (HELIX), a California-based environmental consulting and planning firm, is seeking an Environmental Planner for its Sacramento County office in Folsom, California. HELIX offers environmental, biological, landscape architecture, regulatory permitting, cultural resources, acoustical, air quality, habitat restoration, GIS, and extension-of-staff services to both the public and private clients across a variety of sectors. Our Environmental Planning Group prepares documentation and technical analyses in accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) for a wide range of projects including transportation, energy/utilities and water/wastewater facilities, planned communities, residential and mixed-use projects, commercial/industrial development, educational facilities, agricultural and cannabis cultivation operations, mining operations, and military facilities.
Why work for HELIX? We prioritize our employees. We have been an employee-owned firm since 2004, providing employees a vested interest in the firm's success through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). HELIX placed in the top three for environmental consulting firms and in the top ten for firms in our size range (100 to 199 employees) nationwide in the ZweigWhite Best Firms to Work For 2021 survey. Our employees describe us as team-oriented, caring, flexible, and driven by our standards of integrity. In addition to our competitive benefit package, we also have robust, award-winning wellness, professional growth, employee development training and community volunteer programs, and we support a hybrid work environment that balances the ability to work in the office and from home, when needed.
HELIX offers a competitive benefits package, that includes:
* Health Coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
* Life Insurance
* Personal Time Off
* Bonus Program
* ESOP participation
* 401K participation
The Environmental Planner position involves research and preparation of environmental documents in compliance with CEQA and/or NEPA, working as a member of a multi-disciplinary team. In addition, the position may support HELIX's noise, air quality/greenhouse gas, and other specialists in conducting field work and in the preparation of technical studies. On the job training will be provided.
The Environmental Planner position is best suited for a candidate with a positive attitude and strong research, writing, mathematical/scientific, analytical, and verbal communication skills. Writing comprises a major part of the responsibilities of the position. This individual must have the ability to coordinate effectively with multiple project managers and prioritize and complete high-quality work within specified deadlines. Attention to detail, including strong spelling, proofreading, and organizational skills, is required. The applicant must have a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and experience working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. A test of practical skills will be required of final candidates.
Please note that this is not a laboratory, environmental testing, or hazardous materials studies/management position.
Please submit a cover letter in addition to your resume.
HELIX is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and an inclusive work environment. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of gender, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service or veteran status. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs.
#environmentalplanner #environmentalplanning #environmentalconsulting #environmental #CEQA #NEPA Requirements:
Minimum Requirements for the Environmental Planner:
* Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in environmental studies, environmental science, geography, natural science, environmental engineering, public planning, or a related field.
* At least two years of related professional work experience in the research and writing of CEQA and/or NEPA documents, such as EIRs, EISs, Initial Studies, Environmental Assessments, and CEs, project descriptions, project alternatives, or supporting technical studies/analyses of aesthetics/visual, agriculture, air quality, greenhouse gas, energy, geology and soils, hydrology and water quality, land use and planning, or cumulative impacts.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
* Strong research, mathematical/scientific and analytical skills.
* Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Ability to commute to, and work from, our Folsom office an average of at least three days per week (and up to five days per week if that is your preference). If choosing to work a day or two remotely, you will be responsible for your home office and need to maintain high-speed internet service capable of supporting video conference calls and handling large documents.
Additional qualifications considered a plus:
* Master's degree (or equivalent) in environmental studies, environmental science, geography, natural science, environmental engineering, public planning, business, or a related field.
* Related education and/or experience within Northern California.