The Hope College Biology Department invites applications for a tenure-track position in vertebrate organismal biology with a preferred emphasis in biological evolution. This position is at the assistant professor level and will begin in July 2023. The ideal candidate will develop a vigorous, externally-funded research program that addresses fundamental questions related to non-human vertebrates. The research program should engage undergraduate students as active collaborators; generous start-up funds support this endeavor. The successful candidate will be responsible for an upper-level course in non-human vertebrate zoology and will contribute to introductory and evolutionary biology courses; teaching advanced courses in their area of expertise is possible as well. Applicants are encouraged to visit the Biology Department website at http://www.hope.edu/academic/biology/.
Hope College places a high priority on sustaining a supportive environment that recognizes the importance of having diverse faculty and staff in order to best prepare our students for successful careers in our multi-cultural nation and global community. Applicants with diverse backgrounds and cultures are encouraged to apply. Hope College is an equal opportunity employer.
- Ph.D. in an area related to non-human vertebrate zoology or vertebrate evolution
- Postdoctoral experience is desired
- Promise as an innovative and effective classroom instructor
- Ability to teach upper-level Vertebrate Zoology, Evolutionary Biology, Introductory Biology, and advanced courses in their area of expertise
- Potential to build an active research program involving undergraduate students
Review of applications begins October 7. Please submit by that date to receive full consideration. Visit https://jobs.hope.edu/postings/1728 for more information and to apply.