AES Drilling Fluids is seeking an Environmental Specialist
to support all US operations and be headquartered in the Houston office. Reports to the HSE Manager and is responsible for planning, establishing, implementing, and maintaining a variety of environmental programs in the HSE department to assure highest possible degree of safety for employees and environmental compliance within the company.
This position requires superior interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate (both verbally and in writing) with a wide variety of audiences. We seek someone that is inquisitive, highly self-motivated, has the ability to multi task, works well under pressure, and has an exceptional ability to problem solve. This position will require 50%+ travel (domestic). Annual Salary $85,000 -$95,000+
depending on experience.AES offers:
- Fantastic benefits!
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Affordable medical / dental / vision / dependent
- Vacation / sick pay / generous holidays
- Company vehicle or allowance and Fuel Card
- 401K (6% match)
- Ensure that all AES employees comply with HSE Environmental related federal, state, and local laws, regulations, rules and codes.
- Coordinate, conduct, and assist with HSE Environmental related training for new and existing employees, as needed.
- Assist with selecting of and coordinating appropriate consultants, providing data, managing the contracted consultants' costs and time allocations, reviewing worked perform and liaising between consultants and AES Management.
- Assist the HSE Manager with the development and implementation of HSE Environmental related procedures, programs, and policies, as requested.
- Inspect AES work-sites in order to identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices, conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices, and provide advice and counseling to AES management and staff regarding HSE Environmental compliance efforts.
- Track and monitor HSE Environmental related training to ensure compliance.
- Ensure compliance with municipal, state, and federal safety and environmental requirements, including conducting research to assess applicable legal requirements and obtain necessary permits from federal, state, and local entities, as required.
- Handle special projects necessitated by the unique geographical needs of AES work-sites, including assisting with state and local legal/regulatory compliance, audits, and other HSE Environmental related concerns.
- Compile, analyze, investigate, and report accidents and incidents involving AES to assess causation and to advise and make recommendations regarding accident and incident prevention, when and as necessary.
- Continually stay abreast of changes to HSE Environmental related regulations, laws, or reporting requirements by proactively attending seminars, reviewing industry periodicals, and conducting research, when and as necessary.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the HSE Manager and Operations Manager
- Bachelor's degree in science related field; Environmental Science, Chemistry or Engineering is preferred
- Extensive knowledge of regulatory requirements involving hazardous waste disposal, storm water, spill prevention and air emissions.
- Prior experience working with TCEQ, DEQ EPA and other regulatory agencies.
- Minimum of (5) years of prior work experience in an environmental compliance role; prior work experience in the oil and gas industry would be highly advantageous.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (including strong Microsoft Excel skills) and Outlook and internet research skills.
- Valid driver's license and the maintenance of a driving record satisfactory to AES.
- Bilingual language abilities (English/Spanish) is a plus.
AES Drilling Fluids is an equal opportunity employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment on the basis of their qualification for the job in question without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin age, disability, military/veteran status, genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
AES Drilling Fluids regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.