Who We Are
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures-and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
Practice Area Profile
Climate change is not a future threat-it's an immediate one. BCG's Climate & Sustainability practice (C&S) partners with businesses and governments to help them transform commitments into action and build a decarbonized, more sustainable world, driving technological and economic transformations to realize sustainable competitive advantage.
As part of our commitment to protecting the planet and helping clients achieve sustainable competitive advantage, BCG is deepening and broadening its focus. C&S brings together more than 550 experts covering the full range of sustainability topics, including biodiversity, circular economy, decarbonization, sustainable agriculture, transition financing, water management, and other ESG topics-across all sectors-to support our clients around the world.
What You'll DoWHAT WE NEED
BCG is looking for an Expert Project Leader or Associate Director focused on Sustainable Manufacturing and Emissions Reduction to join our Climate and Sustainability team and work alongside some of the world's top minds in the industry. You will play a critical role in the growth of our Sustainable Manufacturing and Emissions Reduction topic through case execution, client development, and intellectual property and product creation. BCG helps clients transform their business models to optimize for societal and business value. With businesses facing more pressure than ever to rethink their role in society and improve their impact on people and the planet, BCG is looking for an expert to help our clients take on difficult challenges when it comes to climate and sustainability.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
In this unique role, we are looking for someone who can:
- Lead consulting engagements focused on sustainable manufacturing, including energy efficiency, waste management and emissions reduction
- Define and implement comprehensive sustainable manufacturing strategies
- Actively monitor the evolving regulatory landscape around sustainability in manufacturing and develop clear recommendations for companies to address
- Actively monitor the market of tools and the supplier ecosystem related to sustainable manufacturing; recommend and develop partnership for BCG with external providers
- Effectively navigate common frameworks such as the GHG Corporate Protocol to support clients to reach compliance and leverage growth and improvement opportunities beyond compliance
- Develop BCG's thought leadership on sustainable manufacturing including renewable energy, on-site energy and microgrids, decarbonized industrial heat, and decarbonization of production processes
- Integrate with our broader Climate & Sustainability and sector teams to identify regulatory and market risks and opportunities in manufacturing for key industry sectors (e.g., consumer goods, healthcare, industrial goods)
- Integrate with our broader Manufacturing & Supply Chain topic leadership to develop the digital and analytics offering around sustainability in supply chain
- Work jointly with BCG and client project teams, bringing expertise to the team and to the client on-site
As an Expert Project Leader or Associate Director, you will be integrated into a BCG team and leverage your deep expertise on projects that reshape businesses. You will be given end-to-end responsibility for large and complex "modules" within a BCG project and may lead small but high-impact teams to drive results for our clients. You will work closely with clients to understand their issues, create strategies for change, and win buy-in for your recommendations, while also collaborating with colleagues on complex client issues. Your expertise will be valued by senior clients and you will help build and contribute to BCG's intellectual capital while spending significant time supporting and executing case work.
What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
Leveraging your experience, you will develop industry-leading solutions to help our clients succeed.
- 5+ years sustainable manufacturing and emissions reduction consulting or consulting/industry experience
- Knowledge of key topics in one or more of: energy efficiency, waste management, emissions reduction, sustainable manufacturing strategies, net zero transition, climate scenario analysis
- Knowledge of emerging regulatory expectations for climate risk management capabilities
- Experience in modeling the impact of climate risk on material financial and non-financial risks, and opportunities
- Strong academics from a top-tier institution
- Excellent communication skills; able to explain complex industry concepts in non-technical terms
YOU'LL BE BASED IN
We will consider candidates for any of our North American offices.
YOU'LL BE TRAVELING
Travel is anticipated, and will vary based on specific project locations.
Candidates should be aware that BCG currently maintains a policy requiring all US & Canada based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. BCG is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under applicable federal, state, provincial and local law.