Stanbridge University's science division is seeking applications for part-time faculty to join the General Education faculty community to provide instruction, guidance, and mentorship to the university's students. Reporting to the program's manager, the candidate will be responsible for providing a culture of educational effectiveness and excellence of student learning outcomes in science education. Paramount to the candidate's success is a deep commitment to the teaching and learning environment, shared governance, and demonstrated experience with high-quality instruction. Stanbridge University welcomes and seeks candidates who demonstrate a strong commitment to promoting accessibility, inclusivity, diversity, and equity in education and have experience in educating a diverse study body.Employment Status:
part-time, hourly, non-exemptDate Posted:
Sep 9th, 2022Essential Functions:
- Able to teach on-campus with a course assignment in:
- General biology and/or Microbiology
- Provide theory and/or clinical instruction according to the course syllabus
- Effectively delivers class instruction utilizing course syllabi and appropriate educational resources.
- Delivers learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to student learning and engagement while effectively planning and preparing for instruction and student success.
- Promotes student success by showing flexibility in style and strategies as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and engaging students in the learning process.
- Assesses student work in a timely fashion and conveys feedback to students.
- Manages the learning environment by keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and administering academic and attendance policies.
- Participate in programmatic shared governance.
Conditions of Employment:
- MUST be willing to commute to at least one campus, but high preference if candidate can travel to more than one campus, NOT looking for remote only
- Available 8am-1pm, when most of our labs take place
- A graduate-level or terminal degree in a science discipline from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of two (2) years' experience teaching adult learners in higher education.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Action oriented, innovative thinking, and flexible.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work within a deadline-oriented environment.
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functionWork Environment:
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $35.40 - $73.43 per hour
Work Location: One location