We are seeking a self-motivated and highly organized candidate to join a cutting-edge cell biology research program in the Chemical Senses in New York City. The successful candidate will support a project exploring the neurobiology of how intensity is encoded in the perception of odors.Internship to begin first week of June and goes through to the last week of August. The working hours are Monday - Friday (37.5 hours per week)Key Responsibilities:
- Perform cell-based experiments to determine olfactory receptor responses to odorants.
- Perform high throughput imaging and image analysis.
- Assist with live calcium imaging and analysis.
- Analyze and interpret experimental data.
- Participate in lab meetings and discussions to inform future experimental design.
- College level coursework in Biology, Chemistry, and Math; Neurobiology or Neuroscience preferred
- Basic molecular biology skills (sterile cell culture technique a plus).
- Spreadsheet and word processing software proficiency.
- Motivated and intellectually curious individuals.
- Individuals who are highly organized, and team and solution focused.
- Safety conscious.
- Entry to exciting and inspiring world of perfumes and taste.
- Culture that allows you to live your purpose, values creativity, and diversity.
- Great opportunities to learn and grow.
- To be in for an inspiring journey of learning and transformation.
- To be part of a company shaping a strong legacy through breakthrough industrial innovations and technology.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. Firmenich is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran