Leidos is a leader in the environmental industry with over 40 years providing environmental compliance, planning, and restoration services to civilian and defense agencies. Leidos Civil Group, Integrated Missions Operation (IMO), Climate, Energy & Environment (CEE) Division is seeking an accomplished, disciplined and well-rounded Director for Environmental Services. Candidates must have demonstrated program, technical, and business leadership skills to lead a 275-employee team of environmental and mission support service professionals supporting a variety of customers and contracts including USACE, Air Force, Army, Navy, NGB, NASA, EPA, TSA and Commercial customers. Successful candidates would need to thrive in a fast-paced environment driven by strong growth potential within a highly competitive market. Must be a self-starting high-energy leader focused upon delivering results. Significant customer facing engagement is expected in order to shape and position to win new business.
The selected Director will lead the environmental group, ensuring external contractual obligations and internal performance commitments are fulfilled. The Director is expected to establish and manage customer and business partner industry relationships while creating new capabilities and increasing market share in new markets or white space opportunities. The selected candidate must demonstrate highly ethical performance and behavior that is conducive to professional growth, employee engagement, and continuous staff development. As the Director, you will be responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs to include:
- Developing new business opportunities and expanding on contract growth services with existing customers.
- Creating program investments to drive growth to include internal IRAD, capital and overhead requirements.
- Working with line and Business Development leadership to develop and implement a growth strategy.
- Participating in program planning activities such as: the negotiating contract and contract changes and coordinating and preparing proposals, business plans, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Engaging with customer contacts to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction for programs within the portfolio.
- Implementing talent management initiatives to support retention, skills development and critical capabilities to sustain/grow programs.
- Providing management oversight of the day-to-day operations and task execution.
- Meeting with management, technical and operating personnel within client organizations to review requirements, present proposed action plans and to discuss and resolve technical, administrative and management problems and issues.
- Providing leadership and vision to employees, motivating them to strive for excellence, achievement of program and portfolio objectives, and instill a culture of customer service and personal accountability.
- Demonstrated growth with new annual sales of >$50M annually with the customers and contracts including USACE, Air Force, Army, Navy, NGB, NASA, EPA, TSA and Commercial customers.
- Expertise in program management, proposal development, and risk management, including strong financial management skills, and experience with Estimates to Complete.
- Demonstrated progressive and successful program/portfolio management experience (>12 years) leading environmental and mission support programs on a variety of contract types (e.g., CPFF, T&M, FFP).
- A STEM Bachelors degree and 15 years organizational operations experience with increasing levels of responsibility, including at least 10 years of diverse experience with sustainability, RCRA/CERCLA studies and/or environmental compliance.
- Experience with the preparation of technical and cost proposals, including Basis of Estimate, resource estimating, schedule preparation, and assumptions.
- Current professional license or certification in discipline e.g. PE, PG, CEM.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Masters degree in a technical or management discipline.
- Proven experience with customers from civilian and defense agencies (e.g. USACE, Air Force, Army, Navy, NGB, NASA, FEMA, Coast Guard, DOI, EPA, TSA, etc.).
- Proficient in software applications such as MS Excel, Powerpoint and TEAMS.
Must be able to obtain a government clearance; U.S. Citizenship is required.
Pay Range:Pay Range $139,750.00 - $215,000.00 - $290,250.00Remote REQNUMBER: R-00085046-OTHLOC-PL-2D0530
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.