Are you ready for a rewarding career where you can help Bring Possibilities to Life?
Doherty Staffing Solutions is partnering with Phillips-Medisize, a leading medical manufacturing company for opportunities in their New Richmond, WI location. We are urgently seeking candidates for an Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) Specialist role. This direct-hire opportunity is on a 1st shift schedule and annual compensation offered is $60,000 per year with an excellent benefits package. Interested? Keep reading for full details! About the Company
Phillips-Medisize is Bringing Possibilities to Life. Their goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. The company provides essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. In addition to great pay, their benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. What does an Environmental Health & Safety Specialist do at Phillips Medisize?
What it takes to become an Environmental Health & Safety Specialist at Phillips-Medisize:
- Implementats corporate safety and environmental, or equivalent site-specific programs and required written documentation to support these programs
- Completes environmental permits, reports, forms and surveys as required by regulation and / or company policy and procedures, and submit them on a timely basis and in a professional manner
- Develops site specific EHS programs, policies, procedures and associated training materials
- Assures the appropriate, effective, and timely distribution of all required safety and environmental training programs for the facility and may include performance of training
- Assures compliance with various governmental record-keeping requirements, as well as, company metrics, and effectively communicates results to corporate and site management
- Assists site with governmental agency interface
- Assures coordinated case management for all work-related injuries / illnesses through the implementation of Return-to-Work Program and communicate results to plant leadership
- Assists in the progression of facilities toward various benchmarking programs such as the Voluntary Protection Program (VPP), International Standards Organization (ISO 14001, 18001), EPA Energy Star, etc
- Coordinates the use of and manage the activities of various safety and environmental consultants and outside contractors as requisitioned by Facility Management
- Performs tasks in accordance with all Federal, State, and Local regulations and company Quality, Safety, Health, Environment and Energy policies and procedures
- Provides leadership pertaining to security and act as site Security Coordinator
Don't miss out on this excellent direct-hire role for an outstanding manufacturing company in New Richmond, WI!
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree or the equivalent in fields of safety, health or environmental sciences OR have a minimum of 5 years in the field of safety, health or environment in a manufacturing environment
- Three (3) years related experience in the field of safety, health or environment in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to demonstrate effective leadership, organize, solve problems and educate others
- Ability to utilize appropriate judgment and discretion as they relate to responsibilities
- Ability to plan and organize work to effectively perform assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to engage in cooperative and responsible behavior, which affects the operation of the facility and the company in positive manner
- Ability to achieve Associated Safety Professional or Certified Safety Professional certification #BringPossibilities
Click APPLY NOW to complete our mobile-friendly, online application. For questions or additional details about the Environmental Health & Safety Specialist position, please call or text our New Richmond, WI jobs office directly at (715) 246-6635 or email us at email@example.com.
Referrals wanted; earn UNLIMITED $100 rewards! | www.doherty.jobs/refer