Avid Bioservices Inc., located in Tustin CA, is a dedicated contract development and manufacturing organization ("CDMO") focused on development and CGMP manufacturing of biopharmaceuticals products derived from mammalian cell culture. Avid provides a comprehensive range of process development, high quality CGMP clinical and commercial manufacturing services for the biotechnology and biopharmaceutical industries. With over 28 years of experience producing monoclonal antibodies, enzymes, and recombinant proteins in batch, fed-batch, and perfusion modes, Avid's services include CGMP clinical and commercial product manufacturing, purification, release and stability testing as well as regulatory strategy, submission and support. Avid also provides a variety of process development activities, including cell culture and feed optimization, analytical methods development, and product characterization.
We are dedicated to the improvement of global patient outcomes by delivering world-class services. Our expertise enables us to partner with our customers to advance their products from clinical development to commercial launch. Do you possess the skills and expertise below to improve patient lives and support patient innovative therapies? If so, apply today!
Check out our website at https://avidbio.com!
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We are continuing to interview and hire during this time. Avid Bioservices' is committed to caring for the safety and well-being of applicants and employees; all interviews will be completed over the phone or virtually.
Summary/Objective: The EHS Engineer will assist the Sr. EHS Manager with development, implementation and maintenance of safety and environmental programs. He/she will also assist with cross-functional continuous improvement projects across the organization to improve safety performance and improve safety culture. In addition to general knowledge of Cal OSHA and other applicable regulatory requirements, EHS Engineer will possess skills to quickly adapt to the GMP regulated working environment and develop good working relationships with employees and management at multi-levels.
Essential Functions: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
* Assist in health & safety program implementation and maintenance, including but not limited to:
* PPE hazard assessment and certification
* Emergency Action Plan
* Chemical inventory and SDS management
* Respiratory protection
* Laboratory safety
* Participate in site Safety Committee and Green Committee and associated activities/initiatives.
* Conduct routine safety observations in all functional areas with safety team members to identify hazards. Assist Departments to correct hazards as appropriate.
* Assist in company's disaster planning activities including coordinating evacuation drills.
* Participate in accident and injury investigations to determine root cause and prevent future occurrence.
* Conduct, coordinate and track EHS training and maintain training records.
* Track and maintain incident metrics.
* Update and maintain hazardous waste manifests and medical waste tracking documents.
* Maintain SDS online chemical management system.
* Conduct routine inspections in hazardous waste storage areas to ensure compliance including labeling and storage.
* Track and maintain EHS related records and documents.
* Participate in activities and initiatives to promote general safety awareness.
* Ensure maintenance of spill kits, first aid kits and AED.
* Assist in environmental duties as needed.
* Perform activities/follow ups related to continuous EHS improvements.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear and communicate in person and over the telephone. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk and stoop, kneel or crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and carry materials weighing up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This role is a full-time, non-exempt position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. unless otherwise stated by Supervisor.
Required Education and Experience:
* BS in Occupational Health and Safety or related field
* Minimum 2-4 years in manufacturing environment with responsibilities in Environmental Health and Safety
* General knowledge of Cal OSHA regulations and compliance programs
* Understanding in working with hazardous materials and chemical management
* Experience in biotech and GMP regulated industry preferable
* Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Long-Term Disability Insurance
* 401(K) Plan
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
* 15 Days PTO, 8 Designated Holidays, and 4 Floating Holidays per year
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
* And more! Check out our Total Rewards package at https://avidbio.com/careers/
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Avid Bioservices, Inc. does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.