Cramer Fish Sciences (CFS) is a fisheries research consulting firm serving throughout the Pacific States and Idaho. We are a growing, employee-owned company whose mission is to rigorously apply the scientific method to afford our clients innovative, scientifically robust solutions to address a variety of fisheries and environmental challenges. The CFS team achieves this through effective and unbiased data collection, insightful analysis and interpretation, and clear communications. POSITION SUMMARY
The Video Analyst Technician supports Cramer Fish Sciences (CFS) by assisting CFS scientists in conducting analysis on fish communities and their relationship with environmental factors across different habitats. As a member of our Sampling Platform team, the Video Analyst Technician is responsible for reviewing videos collected by the Sampling Platform research vessel at multiple project sites to enumerate and identify individual fish. Duties include visual identification of fish species found in the California Delta, using proprietary video review software, data entry, data management, and QA/QC.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The essential duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review and analyze video data collected by the Sampling Platform in an office/lab setting.
- California Delta fish species identification.
- Video data storage and processing.
- Manage data on online project repositories.
- Maintain databases, data entry, and QA/QC.
- Perform technical writing.
- General summary and display data.
A Bachelor of Science degree in ecology, biology, fisheries, or related field.KNOWLEDGE
- Working knowledge of the scientific method and its application in field experiments.
- Fish identification and taxonomy (California Delta preferred).
- English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Proper telephone etiquette.
- Basic usage of modern office equipment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365.
- Basic mathematical principles.
- Principles and practices of working safely.
- Superior time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail in organizing, maintaining, and analyzing large image and video datasets.
- Identifying and monitoring aquatic and riparian organisms.
- Operating a computer to search, update, correct, and retrieve information.
- Communicating orally and in writing with a variety of people, gathering and exchanging information.
- Typing (proficient at 50 words per minute).
Cramer Fish Sciences is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
- Collect, record, and analyze a variety of high-quality data sets from field and laboratory monitoring projects and experiments.
- Confident analytical and critical thinker.
- Complete work assigned by project leaders in a timely manner.
- Produce accurate, timely and quality work products and be accountable for meeting objectives.
- Deal effectively with people of widely divergent backgrounds, within and outside the office, and to relate empathetically to clients and their special needs.
- Exercise common sense and good judgment.
- Maintain an accurate, current, and shareable calendar.
- Learn quickly and function efficiently under stressful and distracting conditions,
- Multi-task with overlapping deadlines.
- Accept direction, interpret, and follow office policies, procedures, and field protocols.
- Observe, remember, recall, and communicate detail accurately and completely.
- Deal competently and appropriately with the unexpected.
- Deal constructively with stress; ability to recognize signs of stress in co-workers and take appropriate action.