Dewberry's NE E
nvironmental office has immediate openings for Environmental Planner/Scientists i
n our Planning Department.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
The positions involve performing environmental impact studies including NEPA/SEQRA/CEQR, MEPA and CEPA documents and sustainability planning for urban infrastructure projects. Duties may include:
- Conducting extensive research, data collection, analysis and the preparation of written technical documentation pertaining to land use, policy, demographics including Environmental Justice populations, hazard risk and vulnerability, transportation and transit, among others.
- Working collaboratively with other Subject Mater Experts to complete comprehensive environmental documents and preparing ULURP applications
- Coordinating with federal, state, and local officials; community groups; academia; private sector; and public stakeholders in developing plans.
- Conducting community and stakeholder engagement activities associated with various planning and engineering projects. These activities can include stakeholder identification and contact information collection, letter/invitation/announcement drafting and mass mailing, presentation development and delivery, outreach material creation, mapping, press release development and various other media outreach creation.
- Assisting with planning and facilitating meetings, workshops, stakeholder outreach, public meetings and open houses.
- Developing graphics and templates associated with written plans and reports.
- Experience with MS Office suite, inDesign, data visualization and electronic survey tools desirable
- Experience with GIS a plus
- BS or BA in planning, environmental studies or a related field; MS preferred
- 5-7 years of NEPA/SEQRA planning experience.
- 5 years of NYC CEQR and ULURP experience required.
- Strong written and oral communication and data management/visualization skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer focus.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
**Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.