The Environmental Engineer will be responsible for compliance with all Environmental Standards/Regulations, such as Clean Water, Waste, Air quality and Pollution as well as monitoring the progress of key initiatives that are designed to address critical environmental opportunities and promote sustainability for the Kalama Plant. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to utilize critical thinking to facilitate continuous improvement of the plant's environmental performance and culture.Duties/Responsibilities:
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
- Conduct environmental sampling and preparing and sending samples out for 3rd party testing.
- Conduct environmental inspections, including hazardous waste, opacity, leak detection and repair (LDAR), stormwater, and SPCC inspections.
- Planning, overseeing, and reviewing source testing for plant emission units.
- Overseeing and assisting 3rd party contractors performing environmental work onsite.
- Management of the hazardous waste burning program.
- Completion and submission of hazardous waste manifests.
- Preparing and drafting environmental reports to regulatory agencies.
- Uploading and submitting environmental data to online databases.
- Data collection and tracking for environmental compliance and continuous improvement.
- Acts as liaison with regulatory agencies.
- Maintenance and calibration of environmental monitoring equipment.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors of Science in Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science or related field.
- 2 - 3 years of professional environmental experience in an industrial setting.
- Experience with regulatory agencies and interpreting environmental permits and regulations.
- Experience with leak detection and repair LDAR, SWPPP, and SPCC.
- Experience with hazardous waste management.
- Experience with certified sampling and test methods.
- Experience with handheld environmental monitoring equipment.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Access.
- Familiarity with ISO 14001, or ISO 14001 Auditor Certification, is a plus.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER Certification.
- Needs to be physically capable of bending, kneeling, standing, climbing ladders, lifting 25-50 lbs, wearing a respirator.
- Works well independently; a self-starter who can prioritize their workload.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.