Environmental Scientist/Project Manager - Soil, Soil Vapor, Groundwater - Ph. I/II Site Assessments
Location: anywhere near Long Island City or in the 5 Bouroughs (The Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island.)
We are a full-service engineering firm providing environmental, health and safety, and specialty consulting services. We are seeking a Staff level (Scientist, geologist, engineer) or an Environmental Technician to perform soil, soil vapor, groundwater, and indoor air sampling, drilling oversight, well installation, and air monitoring, in addition to reporting-related tasks.
If you are a HAZMAT Project Manager - PhaseI/II ESA, Soil, Vapor, GroundWater experience, please read on!
What You Will Be Doing
The position requires a general understanding of relevant environmental regulations and applicable guidance documents pertaining to environmental site assessments (Phase I and Phase II ESAs) and remediation. The candidate needs to have completed 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER (including annual 8-hour refresher training as required) and 30-hour OSHA Construction Safety and Health training.
* Develop and implement project scope and budget, as requested by client or as required by each project.
* Complete key project deliverables independently and with no prompting from senior management.
* Oversee and ensure that field personnel perform the fieldwork in accordance with the project work plan
* Review field documentation reports and data summary tables prepared by staff and/or subcontractors, and provide edits and comments as warranted and needed.
* Prepare project deliverables (including Phase I ESAs, summary reports, Phase II ESA/investigation reports, remedial action plans, and remedial action work plans, design documents, and remedial action reports) in accordance with client and applicable regulatory requirements, with minimal supervision.
* Prepare bids/proposals, with minimal supervision.
* Review and approve subcontractor invoices and employee expenses for billing and accounts payable.
* Effectively communicate in a timely manner with clients, regulatory personnel, supervisors, and staff associated with projects being managed.
What You Need for this Position
Experience With Most Of The Following
* 5-7+ years of PROFESSIONAL experience within the Geoenvironmental discipline (Phase I ESAs, summary reports, Phase II ESA/investigation reports, remedial action plans, and remedial action work plans, design documents, and remedial action reports)
* Bachelors in Environmental Sciences or related
* Experience with NYC Office of Environmental Remediation (OER) rules, guidance, and other requirements related to development sites with NYC E-designation and/or that are enrolled in the NYC Voluntary Cleanup Program (VCP).
* General knowledge of New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC) regulations and guidance, including spill investigations and cleanups.
* Experience with all or various aspects of environmental property assessment (Phase I / II Environmental Site Assessments), subsurface investigation, and/or remediation of soil, groundwater, vapor, or other media.
* Experience with report writing, managing budgets, drafting proposals, preparing work scopes and cost estimates, and implementing field investigation and remediation projects.
* OSHA 40 hour (HAZWOPER) and/or OSHA 30 hour (Construction Safety) certifications a must.
What's In It for You
* Competitive Compensation
* Generous Vacation/PTO
* Life Insurance
* Mileage reimbursement
So, if you are a HAZMAT Project Manager - PhaseI/II ESA, Soil, Vapor, GroundWater with experience, please apply today!
Colorado employees will receive paid sick leave. For additional information about available benefits, please contact Noreen Khafagi
Email Your Resume In Word To
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and going over the position with you. Clicking apply is the best way to apply, but you may also:
* Please do NOT change the email subject line in any way. You must keep the JobID: linkedin : NK2-1703364 -- in the email subject line for your application to be considered.***
Noreen Khafagi - Lead Recruiter - CyberCoders
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.