Want a role with real-world impact? As an R&D Associate, Microbiology & Virology at Reckitt, you'll have the freedom to help develop products that touch millions of lives. Worldwide.
R&D Associate, Microbiology & Virology
Competitive Salary & excellent benefits package
Focusing on one of our categories - Health, Home or Hygiene - you'll help drive technical product development on key projects. Working with experts from different teams, you'll analyse, interpret and evaluate test results and consider their implications. Ultimately, you'll help us create new products. Products that solve real problems and improve the lives of millions of people globally.
You'll succeed because
you're a creative and tenacious problem solver. You've worked in laboratories before so you're familiar with the methods and techniques used. Degree qualified in a scientific discipline, you're also able to communicate effectively with colleagues from different fields. Independently minded, you've a healthy curiosity and will actively seek out additional information when you need it.
You'll love it because
you'll get to make an impact like never before. You'll be responsible for your own projects - we can't wait to listen to your ideas. The products you help us get out there will make people's lives better. Our iconic brands will provide an incredible platform for you. And our dynamic, ownership-driven culture will help bring the very best out of you, every day.
Associate Scientist - Virology Focus
1. Plan and execute research initiatives related to antiviral efficacy of household and personal care products to deliver and support regulated and novel claims.
2. Management and expansion of laboratory cell culture and viral stocks library.
3. Conduct research on viral survivability, transmission and epidemiology that may be used to develop new and innovative products, consumer education materials and product claims.
4. Collaborate and partner with a diverse scientific team including internal and external stakeholders, academia, 3P contract laboratories, as well as NGOs in surveillance of emerging pathogens and diseases.
5. Lead virology in the Product Development Process as it pertains to R&D functions and needs.
6. Experience with conducting required tests (e.g. AOAC, ASTM, CEN,) to evaluate the antimicrobial efficacy of experimental formulations, finished products and ingredients.
7. Help create new microbiological/virucidal methods to foster a pipeline of innovative claims.
8. Manage multiple projects simultaneously and provide virological support within the required project timelines (including testing and reporting of results) to the project teams.
9. Act as a subject matter expert in virology, establish external partnership and assist with publication efforts.
10. Perform appropriate laboratory practices and procedures, and consistently maintain laboratory records and notebooks in compliance with Good Laboratory Practice standards.
11. Communicate effectively across the teams, with management and with external partners to accomplish goals.
1. M.S. or Ph.D in the applicable science (Virology or Molecular Biology/ Microbiology or related sciences) with 3+ years of experience in a laboratory setting
2. B.S. degree (Virology or Molecular Biology/Microbiology or related sciences) with 5+ years of experience on applicable laboratory setting.
3. Must have knowledge of general laboratory practices, virus production methods, microscopy skills and cell culture techniques.
4. Excellent organizational, record-keeping, verbal and written skills necessary, as well as the ability to work independently and within a team environment.
5. Skills and interest in data analytics and data science or molecular virology a plus.
6. Skills and experience in Microbiology and/or Mycology is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability or medical condition; colour, ethnicity, race, citizenship, and national origin; religion; pregnancy, family status and caring responsibilities; sexual orientation; sex, gender identity, gender expression, and transgender identity; protected veteran status; size or any other basis protected by appropriate law.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Job Segment: Medical Lab, Public Health, Epidemiology, Healthcare