The VelociGene Molecular Biology group is dedicated to creating DNA-targeting vectors that will contribute toward Regenerons target discovery efforts. We are looking for a highly motivated Senior R&D Specialist to join our team.
A Day In This Role Looks Like:
- Construct DNA vectors using established molecular biology protocols toward creating genetically-engineered animal models
- Provide lab high quality DNA samples to and communicate with the VelociGene QC lab
- Analyze and interpret Sanger sequenced DNA vectors
- Learn Next-Gen sequencing platforms including nanopore technology and add value to in-house established genotyping pipelines
- Maintain accurate electronic records and excellent time management of daily tasks.
- Present progress updates for each project in a clear and concise manner with key stakeholders
This Role May Be For You If:
To be considered for this role,
- Knowledge and proven experience on basic Molecular Biology approaches for the construction of recombining DNA vectors (cloning, prokaryotic cell culture, DNA extraction and manipulation)
- Familiarity with in-silico DNA manipulation software like MacVector
- Demonstrated careful recordkeeping of experiments.
- Able to quickly learn complicated techniques
- Interested in growing molecular biology skills
- Good interpersonal skills, good planning, ability to meet deadlines
- Work both independently and in a team
- Are excited to learn new methods and are flexible with changing priorities
- You can independently manage multiple projects at once
- You possess demonstrably strong skills in molecular biology and cloning, including vector construction, PCR, and extraction/analysis of DNA, RNA.
- You have working experience in a molecular biology lab and familiarity with bacterial artificial chromosomes (BACs)
- Possess a strong work ethic and exquisite attention to detail
- You can think outside the box to find new approach and bring the latest published techniques
- Knowledge of NGS methods is a plus
you must have a B.S. and at least 3 years of relevant industry or academic experience. Familiarity with recombinant DNA, and subsequent molecular analyses/approaches is essential.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.