We are seeking an experienced R&D Specialist to join the Oncology/Angiogenesis group of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. at Tarrytown, NY. The successful candidate will join our ongoing efforts to model liver diseases, especially liver cancers. The preferred candidate should have extensive experience with cell biology techniques such as culturing and/or engineering primary tissue cells, cell lines and tissue organoids (expertise on culturing hepatocytes and/or liver organoids will be a plus), as well as solid background in molecular biology. Working knowledge in flow-cytometry is highly desired. The ideal candidate should be motivated, flexible and capable of working both independently and in a team setting.
As an R&D Specialist, a typical day may include the following:
- Isolate and culture normal tissue cells, cancer cells and other cell types from rodent models of human liver cancers and other liver diseases
- Perform cell-based assays on primary parenchymal and non-parenchymal liver cells, as well as liver cancer cell lines to understand biological/pathological/pharmacological processes-of-interest
- Generate novel cell lines through genetic engineering when needed
- Develop novel cell/tissue culture systems or in vitro assays when needed
- Analyze and document data, communicate results clearly and concisely to supervisor and peers.
- Daily lab maintenance (i.e. ordering reagents and supplies)
This role may be for you if:
- You are detail oriented, enjoy bench work, and you are willing to thrive in a hands-on, fast pace environment
- You possess strong organizational skills, documentation and communication skills.
- You are a team player with good interpersonal skills
To be considered for this role, you must have a BS or MS with at least 5 years of relevant work experience. Solid background in molecular and cellular biology is required. Extensive experience with cell biology techniques such as culturing and/or engineering primary tissue cells, cell lines and/or tissue organoids is required. Expertise in flow cytometry is highly desirable. Expertise on culturing hepatocytes and/or liver organoids will be a plus.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.