10601 Bay Area Blvd
Pasadena, Texas 77507
Dixie Chemical is a market leader in the development and manufacturing of high-performance specialty chemicals. We foster an ambitious culture that focuses on open innovation for new chemical products and business growth.
Oversee the analysis and evaluation of air, waste, water, and land systems to evaluate environmental impacts. Conduct required environmental tests, analyses, and observations. Evaluate results and make recommendations as necessary for maintaining compliance with regulatory agencies. Direct the implementation of appropriate corrective action if necessary. Lead projects to improve environmental performance.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
* Prepare compliance documents and reports for submission to regulatory agencies.
* Periodic inspections of outfalls and containment areas per the SPCC and SWPP plans.
* Facilitate repairs to environmental controls and infrastructure via maintenance repair planning and work order system.
* Manage solid waste processes for Drums/Bulk loads for Dixie including sampling for waste profiles where required.
* Develop and implement Environmental compliance procedures and programs where necessary.
* Work with outside as well as internal resources to ensure LDAR program implementation and management.
* Supervise the LDAR repair program related to the repair of LDAR components.
* Assist operations with day-to-day monitoring of wastewater discharge and compliance with of the permit.
* Work closely with operations to improve compliance with all waste media.
* Support operations on issues related to wastewater treatment and hazardous waste disposal.
* Track waste shipments and lead waste reduction storm water
* Coordinate storm water sampling, discharge monitoring, and sump clean-ups.
* Monitor changes to environmental regulations that apply to Dixie.
* Provide EHS support on off-hours as part of the EHS rotation.
* EHS responsibilities include conducting inspections and audits related to the EHS program as assigned and participating in Hazard Reviews as needed.
* Other assignments derived from the Dixie Chemical leadership team to meet the goals and objectives of the organization.
* Bachelor's degree in environmental science, or related field.
* 5 - 7 years of experience in the environmental field, preferably at a chemical manufacturing facility
* Demonstrated experience applying environmental regulations (ex. RCRA, Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act) and working with environmental regulatory agencies (ex. EPA, TCEQ)
* Ability to work well in a collaborative environment
* Strong initiative and drive to succeed