Environmental Consulting Services
Trinity Consultants, a market leader in environmental consulting, seeks a savvy and technically strong environmental professional to join Trinity's growing team of consultants within its Northeast Subregion, which currently includes six offices in Frederick, MD; Boston, MA; Princeton, NJ; Albany, NY; Philadelphia, PA; and Pittsburgh, PA. This role will provide leadership in the areas of client service, business development, and staff development. This role has the opportunity to grow Trinity's business across environmental media while supporting and growing Trinity's strong air-focused client base.
Critical to the success of this role is a passion for helping client companies meet their compliance obligations while maintaining operational flexibility and a keen focus on quality of work products. Applicants must be experienced in developing, nurturing, and leveraging key relationships to build business, and in training and mentoring staff. A commitment to excellence, and drive for success are paramount. The successful candidate will have a strong work ethic; be a self-starter, strategic thinker, and an effective collaborator. Experience interfacing and negotiating with state regulatory agencies and the USEPA on behalf of clients is required.
* Leading project teams to provide timely, exceptional quality project deliverables related to environmental permitting and compliance
* Effective project management to ensure efficient task performance and timely delivery of work products
* Providing technical leadership on complex regulatory issues
* Ensuring all work products meet quality standards as prescribed under the company's ISO 9001 quality program and client expectations
* Employing strategic approaches for identifying target clients and winning projects
* Leveraging and developing relationships to build long-term business partnerships in key industry sectors including energy, waste, cement/lime, oil/gas, chemical manufacturing, and pharmaceutical.
* Work to cross-sell Trinity's services and increase business for existing accounts
* Maintaining effective relationships with regulatory personnel
* Participating in key stakeholder forums and industry groups
* Collaborating with other client service managers to effectively serve national clients
* Developing junior staff regarding regulatory knowledge, analytical techniques, client communication, business development, and leadership skills
* Contributing to corporate direction and strategy though effective communication and feedback with local, regional, and senior management
* Opportunities to showcase your personal brand and firm expertise through our professional education programs
Qualifications and/ or Requirements:
* Perform multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations to ensure quality standards on project deliverables
* Provide support in development and review of on going and new projects focused on compliance. Includes, but is not limited to: Clean Water Act permitting (Sections 401, 402, 404, etc.), NPDES/Stormwater permitting and management support; SWPP and other Pollution Prevention Plans; SPCC and storage tank management programs; RCRA Hazardous Waste regulations and reporting
* Providing multi-media environmental support for compliance with applicable regulations, permits, and plans. Support could require on-site assistance as needed.
* Identifying potential compliance issues and providing recommendations for corrective actions
* Prepare plans, permit applications, and reports for hazardous waste, air quality, storm water, NPDES, and wastewater programs
* Experience in DOT, endangered species, historic properties, public water systems, wastewater treatment design, Facility Response Plans (EPA & US Coast Guard), ISO program management, and USACE permitting desired, but not required
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to travel up to 30% of the time depending on client needs
Education and Experience:
* BS Degree in Environmental Sciences or an Engineering discipline from an accredited university is required
* Knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental requirements,
* 5+ years of experience focused on multi-media environmental consulting. Trinity Consultants is seeking an experienced consultant who is a self-starter, is highly skilled client management and relationship development and is prepared to hit the ground running in a fast-paced environment.