At Weston Solutions, Inc. you will do meaningful work and make valuable contributions.
Employee-ownership at Weston is a path to professional growth and access to diverse opportunities in a highly connected community that works together across key service areas to make a difference in the environment. Weston continues to evolve and adapt to our changing world as a premier provider of environmental and infrastructure services for over sixty years. In both the public and private sectors our teams help identify, solve, mitigate, and manage critical environmental issues to help clients achieve a more sustainable future.
Weston is seeking an Associate Air Scientist for scheduled, and time-critical responses to site-related environmental issues, including disaster/emergency response, environmental investigations and remedial alternative analysis. The Scientist is expected to be knowledgeable of the calibration, maintenance, deployment, use and data collection for handheld, portable and transportable air sampling and monitoring devices. With senior level oversight, he/she will develop and implement sampling/monitoring and data collection plans. Experience in the implementation of multi- media, multi-matrix sampling techniques is also required.
The salary range for this position is: $55,000 - $70,000 yr. Final salary/hourly-rate can be impacted by various factors including, but not limited to, contractual requirements, geographic location, job-related education, training, experience, and skills.
Location: Edison, NJ
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* This position requires a minimum of a B.S. Degree and 6 years of recent and relevant experience.
* Knowledge of the calibration, maintenance, deployment, use and data collection for handheld, portable and transportable air sampling and monitoring devices. With senior level oversight, develop and implement sampling/monitoring and data collection plans. Has experience in the implementation of multimedia, multi-matrix sampling techniques. Collecting samples for field screening and/or laboratory analysis (soil, groundwater, and surface water);
* Responding to releases of oil and hazardous materials and providing assessment and contractor oversight services;
* Assist in environmental site assessments consistent with US EPA standards;
* Providing oversight and sampling during the installation of soil borings and monitoring wells;
* Overseeing remedial excavation activities;
* Installing and operating remediation systems and conducting in-situ remediation;
* Manage analytical data (tabulation, QA/QC and evaluation of data);
* Preparing plans/maps/boring logs; and
* Assisting with writing technical reports, work plans, etc.
* Field instrumentation. Knowledgeable in the use of various air monitoring and multi-media sampling instruments. Abilities include calibration of field instruments, implementation in field, and interpretation of results.
* Experience with Geoprobe sampling; various drilling methods including HSA, ARCH, mud rotary and multimedia sampling.
* Familiarity with the Incident Command System (ICS) 100-800. Completion of ICS courses a plus.
* 40-Hour HAZWOPER
* Able to work in Levels C/B
* Duties will include being readily available to respond at a moment's notice, and periodic field assignments nationwide.
* Calibration and maintenance of a variety of multi-media monitoring and sampling equipment.
* Document field activities and prepared daily and final reports.
* In-field multimedia sampling.
* Proficient in the writing of technical documents and plans.
* Use level D-A PPE to make entries into potentially hazardous areas.
Technical and Operational Scope:
* Exercises judgment on applicability of methods and approaches in use and determines best approaches to problem solving when standard procedures are inadequate.
* Determines best method of data gathering, data base management, and analysis of data to achieve goals.
* Consults with outside specialists to obtain most accurate and timely data possible while meeting project specifications and timetables.
* Prepares reports on methods and procedures as part of overall project.
* Maintain preparedness for immediate mobilization.
* Produces quality samples and sampling techniques from which sound scientific data can be drawn into relevant and pertinent evaluation reports to the client's satisfaction.
* Provides completed projects including draft and final reports within the established budget and schedule.
* Provides accurate identification of specimens and/or sound ecological assessment and evaluations.
We fully invest in our people: Weston provides a generous, comprehensive benefits package program that offers employees high value options with solid financial protection, meeting the personal needs of its people and their families.
* Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with base and matching employer stock contributions.
* Paid time off plus holiday and parental leave.
* Life and disability plans.
* Critical illness and accident plans.
* Work/Life flexibility.
* Professional development opportunities.