38965BRReq No.:38965BRJob Description and Qualifications:
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 global leader in industrial gases, has an immediate opening for an Environmental Data Specialist. The position is located at our global headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania, or Houston, Texas.
The Environmental Data Specialist will handle environmental data collection and interpretation to support our internal and external metrics and reporting. You will lead an effort to investigate and make recommendations to improve our process for data collection and interpretation of environmental data including evaluating commercially available tools. In this role, you will be responsible for assuring environmental data quality vital to pass third party verification. You will work closely with our sustainability team, business areas, operating organizations, and with our regional and central EH&S organizations.
The Environmental Data Specialist needs to be results focused, demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment especially during periods when we collect data to support external reporting. You will ensure consistent practices throughout all phases of environmental data collection and analysis. You will assess and pilot various platforms and tools to digitize our data collection and management systems. You will also work to create visualization of metrics and data that are easy to understand and support presentations.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate the collection and management of environmental data (e.g., greenhouse gases including energy consumption, nitrogen and sulfur oxides, Toxic Release Inventories, HAPs, VOCs, COD, BOD, water and waste) for analysis and performance evaluation.
- Assess platforms and IT tools for improving the collection, management and reporting of Air Products' environmental data.
- Support our sustainability team by reviewing the environmental section of our annual Sustainability Report, and by preparing environmental data for ESG ratings agencies, e.g., DJSI, CDP, etc.
- Support third-party sustainability environmental data verification.
- Support our response to investor queries concerning environmental data
- A passion for Environmental, Social, and Governance.
- Strong digital literacy with a proven track record of managing environmental data including interpretation and quality assurance.
- Strong communication and rapport building skills; ability to successfully interact with stakeholders at all levels within a multicultural organization.
- Excellent organizational and management skills.
- Possess critical thinking skills and has the ability to build trust and confidence.
- Confident and assertive with self-motivated approach and flexible attitude. Has the ability to overcome obstacles to solve problems and achieve results. Can cope with pressure and work on deadlines.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to corporate values and objectives and towards a culture of continuous improvement.
- Must show a personal commitment to continuous self-development and flexibility to work outside normal working hours to meet commitments.
- Work positively with others and create a workplace that is inclusive which generates credibility and confidence in others.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Environmental Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
- 3-5 years of relevant experience managing environmental data
- Expert proficiency in relevant computer software applications: MS Office products, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Qliksense and Project
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated experience with environmental data analysis and reporting
- Demonstrated influencing skills
- Flexible team player that thrives in a fast-paced culture with tight deadlines and shifting priorities
- Able to quickly learn research strategies, data analysis tools and visualization platforms for metrics
- Knowledge of sustainability concepts including developing regulations
- Knowledge of the industrial gases and/or chemicals manufacturing sectors
- Experience in GHG emissions data collection, analysis and reporting as well as climate change and ESG issues
- Environmental project experience including site remediation
To learn more, please visit Air Products. (http://www.airproducts.com/Careers)
In addition to offering a comprehensive benefits package including holidays/vacation, medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans, we also pride ourselves as being an organization where you can realize your potential through a tailored career path and be part of a company where you belong and matter.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.). You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Job Title:Environmental Data SpecialistEmployment Status:Full TimeLocation:US-PA-Allentown, US-TX-HoustonCountry:United StatesRegion:North AmericaOrganization:CorporateBusiness Sector / Division:Global EHS&Q