Interplastic Corporation is seeking an experienced Health Safety and Environmental Manager to sustain the effective health safety and environmental (HSE) programs and systems at the Minneapolis plant. Candidates should have a successful track-record of maintaining positive relationships with regulatory agencies and engaging employees for participation in the programs. This position is accountable for facility compliance with federal, state, and local HSE regulations.
The Health Safety and Environmental Manager will represent the company's business interests within the bounds of the law. Responsible for managing and administering the Minneapolis plant's health, safety and environmental (HSE) programs and activities. As a member of the plant management team, interact with all levels of the plant in the development and administration of company policies, procedures and programs as they relate to these areas.Essential Functions
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experiences
- Manage health and safety programs established by the corporation that will meet or exceed OSHA standards. Drive, maintain, and promote a safety culture throughout the facility.
- Conduct facility audits to identify potential compliance irregularities and monitor program success.
- Conduct employee HSE training and manage safety and environmental concerns in timely fashion.
- Lead implementation and integration of management system software for the facility.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the rules and regulations of various regulatory agencies as they impact the manufacturing facility.
- In coordination with Interplastic Corporation General Counsel, develop programs to ensure that the company's manufacturing facility is provided with information to ensure that the plant is operating in compliance with all environmental regulations; this includes acting as liaison with regulatory agencies whenever appropriate.
- Establish programs that will reduce the generation of waste products from the manufacturing process, with an emphasis on the elimination of hazardous materials generation.
- Develop an in-depth familiarity with product chemistry.
- Manage and promote company's ISO 14000 Environmental Management System.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by management.
- BS in Environmental Science, Occupational Safety, Engineering, or related field or from an accredited learning institution.
- 5 - 10 years previous experience in areas of Regulatory, Environmental, Safety and Health.
- Experience in implementing or using ISO Quality, Environmental, and/or Safety management systems.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Chemicals manufacturing and Process Safety Management experienced is desired.
- Good working relationship with MPCA and county agencies is desired.
Interplastic Corporation is a specialty chemical company with headquarters in St. Paul, Minnesota. The company focuses on the production and distribution of unsaturated polyester and vinyl ester resins, gel coats, colorants, and putties for the composites and cast polymer industries.
Interplastic has been manufacturing CoREZYN® thermoset resins, gel coats, and colorants for the composites and cast polymer industries since 1959. They introduced CoREZYN epoxy-based vinyl esters in 1978 and today, they produce the most extensive line of vinyl ester resins in the marketplace. Interplastic acquired Silmar® brand resins from an affiliate of British Petroleum in 1993. They then became one of the world's largest casting and solid surface resin producers with facilities in California and Kentucky. Their full-service product development laboratories are located in Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota; Fort Wright, Kentucky; and Hawthorne, California.