The Health Safety and Environmental Manager
will represent the company's business interests within the bounds of the law. Responsible for managing and administering the Hawthorne plant's health, safety and environmental (HSE) programs and activities. As a member of the plant management team, interact with all levels of the plant in the development and administration of company policies, procedures and programs as they relate to these areas.Essential Functions
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experiences
- Manage health and safety programs established by the corporation that will meet or exceed OSHA standards.
- Conduct monthly facility audits to identify potential compliance irregularities and monitor program success.
- Present monthly safety topics and manage safety concerns in timely fashion.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the rules and regulations of various regulatory agencies as they impact the manufacturing facility.
- In coordination with Interplastic's General Counsel, develop programs to ensure that the company's manufacturing facility is provided with information to ensure that the plant is operating in compliance with all environmental regulations; this includes acting as liaison with regulatory agencies whenever appropriate.
- Establish programs that will reduce the generation of all waste products from the manufacturing process, with an emphasis on the elimination of hazardous materials generation.
- Accountable for facility compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Develop an in depth familiarity with product chemistry.
- Manage and promote company's ISO 14000 Environmental Management System.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by management.
- AA or BS, in Environmental Science, Occupational Safety, or related field or from an accredited learning institution.
- Or 3-5 years previous experience in areas of Regulatory, Environmental, Safety and Health.
- Experience in organizing using ISO Quality, Environmental, and/or Safety standards.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Chemicals manufacturing and Process Safety Management experienced desired.
Interplastic Corporation is a specialty chemical company with headquarters in St. Paul, Minnesota. The company focuses on the production and distribution of unsaturated polyester and vinyl ester resins, gel coats, and colorants for the composites and cast polymer industries.
Interplastic has been manufacturing CoREZYN® thermoset resins, gel coats, and colorants for the composites and cast polymer industries since 1959. They introduced CoREZYN epoxy-based vinyl esters in 1978 and today, they produce the most extensive line of vinyl ester resins in the marketplace. Their full-service product development laboratories are located in Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota; Fort Wright, Kentucky; and Hawthorne, California.