Alpenrose Dairy, a 100 year old iconic Portland brand, is looking for an Environmental Health & Safety Manager to support our Alpenrose and Smith Brothers Farms divisions.
You will be our go to person for all things safety. You will implement policies to ensure a safe and healthy work environment. This role will discover opportunities for improving and executing safety programs and working conditions in our facilities.
Areas of daily responsibility are:
- Inspects all facilities to identify safety, health, and environmental risks.
- Develops and implements inspection policies and procedures, and a schedule of routine inspections.
- Develops health and safety procedures for all areas and divisions of the company.
- Prepares, schedule and presents EHS training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics.
- Oversees all workplace injury investigations.
- Monitors compliance with safety procedures including required safety postings and safety commitees.
- Draft inspection reports to document inspection findings.
- Ensures that material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed.
- Maintains all safety and compliance records for the company, including the discharge of or employee exposure to hazardous waste and/or pollutants, as required.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local OHSA laws and regulations, and recommended best practices.
- We are a small & mighty team, other duties may be assigned as needed.
Qualifications needed to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or related field required preferred or equivalent experience in a Safety manager position
- Three years of related experience preferably in a food and beverage manufacturing setting
- Extensive knowledge of environmental and safety regulations and policies for food manufacturing and delivery service.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Must have a valid driver's with a insurable driving record
Alpenrose provides amazing benefits and competitive wages to all employees.
We are not offering relocation.