Our Environmental Field Chemist based our of La Porte, TX is responsible for collecting, identifying and packaging hazardous and non-hazardous waste products within customer facilities located in metro Houston and the Southeast Texas area. After preparing these various waste products for shipment, you will utilize one of our box trucks to transport these waste containers to one of our local Clean Harbors facilities for proper treatment and disposal. Our Environmental Field Chemists also participate in several Household Hazardous Waste Collections Events on weekends throughout the year.
These positions are not lab-based Chemist positions and will require up to 100% field work in various working conditions.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
* Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
* Competitive wages with weekly overtime opportunities;
* Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
* Group 401K with company matching component;
* Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
* Positive and safe work environments;
* Opportunities for growth and development of all the stages of your career
* Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all time;
* Collects, identifies and packages hazardous and non-hazardous waste products within customer facilities;
* Samples, labels and prepares waste drums for pick-up and delivery;
* Loads wastes properly and segregates for compatibility on transport vehicle;
* Drives out to different client sites using the company vehicle;
* Assists with Household Hazardous Waste Programs in the area as business demands require.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
* College degree in chemistry, biology or other natural science strongly preferred;
* Previous experience in hazardous material handling, chemistry and/or lab packing experience;
* OSHA, DOT and RCRA experience preferred;
* Ability to potentially travel up to 25% of the year as business demands require;
* Ability to obtain and retain a Class "B" CDL with hazmat and tanker endorsements with 90 days of hire.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology - come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.