Plans and administers all phases of safety, environmental, health and safety activities at manufacturing location under general supervision. Primary areas of responsibility include prevention of safety issues and injuries along with general instruction in safety awareness for all employees. Ensures compliance with all ISO 14001 requirements and environmental legal compliance. Ensures implementation of all Corporate guidelines for EHS to include Autoneum's Management of EHS system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Education / Experience
- Administers the Corporate and Plant Safety procedures and policies to all employees, including training.
- Promotes positive employee/safety relations by advising and making decisions that are fair, consistent and compliant with all local, state and federal laws and regulation.
- Coordinates the safety program for all Oregon locations including conducting accident/fire investigations, conducting safety inspections, maintaining SDSs, participating in safety meetings and analyzing injury statistics.
- Respond as needed to outside agencies or attorneys regarding safety, environmental, and/or workers' compensation issues.
- Conducts quarterly and monthly safety audits to investigate and record safety items that need completing.
- Supports Safe Start initiatives as well as provides training.
- Provides other management reports as needed.
- Ensure compliance of national fire codes, sprinkler and fire systems.
- Coordinates annual safety planning process for location.
- Plans and conducts new hire orientation to foster positive safety attitudes toward company goals.
- As a member of the location management team, participates in operation and management meetings as required.
- Ensures compliance with all related ISO 14001 procedures and requirements.
- As the Environmental Manager of ISO 14001 for the plant, reports and coordinates the performance of the EMS Program to management and the CFT members on a periodic basis for the review and improvement of the EMS.
- Associate's degree in Safety Management or related field from a college or university preferred or equivalent work experience
- Must have at least five years experience in a safety management role in a manufacturing organization
- Must have solid understanding of Federal and State OSHA, EPA laws and regulations.
- Previous supervisory experience required
- OSHA 40 Hour Certification preferred
- Ability to effectively present information to groups of managers or employees and ability to write reports and business correspondence required
- Basic math skills are required
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel Spreadsheets, Internet and E-mail
The primary purpose of this job description is to summarize the key/essential duties. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.