Additional Locations: Not Applicable
Primary Locations: MO, St. Louis, 6264 Lemay Ferry Road, 63129
Requisition ID: 170868
DAVEY RESOURCE GROUP, Inc. is looking for candidates to join our team of traveling arborists!
This work will take you across many states, working outdoors on collaborative teams with the latest technology and using your knowledge, skills, and observations to collect field data for tree inventory projects. The data you collect will help communities mitigate the impacts of climate change, improve social equity, increase tree canopy cover, beautify public spaces, and much more!
You will be provided with a vehicle for work, a company phone and tablet computer, and lodging and per diem. Flights and other travel expenses are covered. Professional development, certification, and continuing education units (CEUs) are also supported.
If you enjoy the adventurous lifestyle, our consistent schedule and extensive client portfolio will allow you to continue working with this traveling inventory team year-round. If after a while plans change or you are looking to settle down into a specific region, The Davey Tree Expert Company. has many opportunities to grow with you as we continue to lead the world in the green industry. Whether it be consulting and planning, technical advising, or tree and plant health care, a pathway to the career you cultivate starts with Davey.
Position Description and Responsibilities
Traveling Inventory Arborist Technician will provide our government, commercial and not-for-profit clients with the services and solutions needed to efficiently and effectively manage trees and urban forests by inspecting trees and other vegetation and identifying common defects. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
* Identify species and measure tree size, understand tree species typical growth rates and recognize indicators of common diseases and pest infestations.
* Prescribe appropriate tree work needed to mitigate risk.
* Collect tree and site data in the field using handheld computers.
* Walk areas along city street right-of-way, universities, golf courses, zoos, cemeteries, and private lands, in woodlands, along rail lines, and in wetlands.
* Travel often out of state to support Davey Resource Group, Inc's projects across the nation.
* Work in an outdoor environment (95%+).
* Ensure clear and effective communication with clients and co-workers.
* Conduct administrative tasks.
* Urban forestry educational discipline or experience preferred.
* International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Arborist Certification is preferred, but certification may be required for certain projects.
* Proficient working knowledge of computers, including GIS systems, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google's suite of applications.
* Ability to identify regional tree species.
* Current Driver's License and driving record in good standing.
* Ability to read and follow GIS data and maps.
* Ability to work independently and demonstrate problem-solving skills.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Ability to work and hike in urban terrain and inclement weather.
* Ability to work independently, be adaptable, and manage all project field tasks.
* Ability to travel for extended periods of time
What We Offer:*
* Paid time off and paid holidays.
* Opportunities for advancement.
* All job specific equipment and safety gear provided.
* 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match.
* Employee-owned company and discounted stock purchase options.
* Group Health Plan.
* Employee Referral Bonus Program: Send-A-Friend.
* Locations throughout the United States in major cities and desirable areas.
* Career Development Program supported by industry expert safety specialists and skilled trainers.
* The Davey Tree Family Scholarship for children of employees.
* Charitable matching gift program.
* All listed benefits available to eligible employees.
DAVEY RESOURCE GROUP, a division of The Davey Tree Expert Company, is a leader in the natural resource, environmental, and forestry consulting industries throughout the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 100%
Davey is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers all qualified employees and applicants for all positions regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state, or local law. It is our mandate that all matters related to the terms and conditions of employment and all treatment on the job be free of discrimination. In addition, harassment based on any protected characteristic is strictly prohibited.
To preview Davey's relevant EO/AA plan, please submit a written request to: The Davey Tree Expert Company, Attn: HR, 1500 N. Mantua Street, Kent, Ohio 44240.
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law - English | Spanish
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law Supplement - English | Spanish
Right to Work - English | Spanish
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Nearest Major Market: St Louis
Job Segment: Inventory, Operations