The Office of Development (OOD) advances Stanford's mission by raising philanthropic support from alumni, parents, families, friends, and institutional funders. Working in concert with volunteers and academic leaders, OOD staff members strive to accelerate Stanford's purposeful impact in the world. Stanford is committed to a donor-centric approach to development. Every member of the Office of Development staff plays a role in providing the university's donors with the service and attention that ensures an exceptionally positive and fulfilling philanthropic experience.
Reporting to the Director of Direct Marketing, a unit within the Office of Development (OOD), the Marketing Specialist is responsible for participating in the development and implementation of marketing initiatives, enabling programs and campaigns to meet organizational objectives.Direct Marketing
The Office of Development's ("OOD") Direct Marketing team provides multi-channel integrated marketing support for Stanford University's Office of Development. Team members work in close collaboration with schools and units across campus, including: The Stanford Fund, Stanford Athletics & the Buck/Cardinal Club, Stanford Law School, School of Engineering, Graduate School of Education, School of Humanities & Sciences, Graduate School of Business, School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences, and the School of Medicine to achieve school and unit annual giving revenue goals.Your responsibilities will include
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Implement marketing programs to meet organizational objectives, including collaboration with internal stakeholders and vendor prtners.
- Manage the design and production schedule of digital direct appeal campaigns which adhere to communications and brand strategy
- Conduct competitive benchmarking and analyze campaign/program effectiveness used to inform decisions regarding strategic marketing direction, audience segmentation and prospect targeting.
- Assess market opportunities and research development & marketing trends
- Monitor and oversee program budgets to meet program goals.
- Coordinate vendor estimates and invoice processing.
- Monitor and track analytics of campaigns to produce campaign/program reports.
- Other duties may also be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and two years of relevant experience; or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Knowledge of product, program and/or services marketing (development experience a plus).
- Ability to work independently to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
- Experience with managing projects from inception through completion.
- Familiar with market research and data analysis.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, speaking.
- Occasionally grasp forcefully, writing by hand.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends.
Why Stanford for you
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu .
Stanford University is one of the world's premier academic and research institutions, devoting tremendous intellectual and physical resources toward the betterment of humanity. As a major Silicon Valley employer, Stanford seeks people committed to excellence and to improving our world. In turn, the university is committed to supporting its employees as they develop their careers and enrich their lives. We believe Stanford's future success will be shaped by the diverse perspectives, unique experiences, and inclusive culture of its community.
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow . We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture . We provide excellent retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you . Climb our rock wall, swim in our Olympic-sized pool, or choose from hundreds of health and fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide highly competitive health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun . Stroll through historic sculptures, trails and museums.
- Enviable resources . Enjoy free commute programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
*The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
*Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.How to apply
We invite you to apply for the position by clicking on the "Apply for Job"
button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and a resume with your online application. The cover letter should briefly describe why you believe you are a good fit for this position.
We're always looking for people who can bring new perspectives and life experiences to our team. Found the perfect role and ready to apply? Learn more on what to expect next.
We believe in having a global impactClimate and Sustainability
Stanford's deep commitment to sustainability practices has earned us a Platinum rating and inspired a new school aimed at tackling climate change.
Stanford's Innovative Medicines Accelerator is currently focused entirely on helping faculty generate and test new medicines that can slow the spread of COVID-19.
From Google and PayPal to Netflix and Snapchat, Stanford has housed some of the most celebrated innovations in Silicon Valley.
Through rigorous research, model training programs and partnerships with educators worldwide, Stanford is pursuing equitable, accessible and effective learning for all.
We believe you matter as much as the work
I love that Stanford is supportive of learning, and as an education institution, that pursuit of knowledge extends to staff members through professional development, wellness, financial planning and staff affinity groups.
School of Engineering
I get to apply my real-world experiences in a setting that welcomes diversity in thinking and offers support in applying new methods. In my short time at Stanford, I've been able to streamline processes that provide better and faster information to our students.
Office of the Vice Provost for Student Affairs
Besides its contributions to science, health, and medicine, Stanford is also the home of pioneers across disciplines. Joining Stanford has been a great way to contribute to our society by supporting emerging leaders.
School of Medicine
I like working in a place where ideas matter. Working at Stanford means being part of a vibrant, international culture in addition to getting to do meaningful work.
Office of the President and Provost
We believe that you can love your job
Join Stanford in shaping a better tomorrow for your community, humanity and the planet we call home.
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.