This position is to perform and document routine tasks related to sample processing and assays using written operating procedures, standard laboratory methods and/or basic laboratory techniques, functions and equipment. To conduct specific procedures and tests both within and outside of the laboratory requiring the use of applied knowledge and practical skills learned from on-the-job experience; modify or adapt techniques to fit special needs or problems; to calculate data from routine tests to final results and to evaluate such results for accuracy where expected findings are not precisely defined, but sufficient guidelines exist for reference; to assist with and occasionally perform specialized and non-routine tests and assays, and to maintain records of such work; to coordinate and plan assigned work with other technicians and scientists.
Provide support to laboratory department by performing and/or coordinating a variety of Laboratory processes.
• Receives, registers and prepares samples for general analytical testing through data entry, weighing, and physical homogenization.
• Preps and performs routine to more complex analyses per NQAC methods.
• Reads and records results of analyses, making sure to keep identification numbers matched with correct samples.
• Operates basic laboratory equipment such as balances, pH meter, colorimeter, spectrophotometer, autoclave, evaporator, etc.
• Interpret customer requests and perform receiving and log-in functions.
• Conducts preliminary interpretations of data or observations, and drafts short reports to supervisor.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*Skills & Qualifications:*
* Bachelor's of Science in Chemistry or a similar field of study (Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, ect)
* Basic Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office products
* Undergraduate lab experience
* If you're interested in additional information or applying directly, send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with availability for a Teams connection.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We're supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.