Want a role with real-world impact? As an Microbiology Associate, R&D (Operations & Testing) at Reckitt, you'll have the freedom to help develop products that touch millions of lives. Worldwide.
Microbiology Associate, R&D (Operations & Testing)
Competitive Salary & excellent benefits package
Focusing on one of our categories - Health, Home or Hygiene - you'll help drive technical product development on key projects. Working with experts from different teams, you'll analyse, interpret and evaluate test results and consider their implications. Ultimately, you'll help us create new products. Products that solve real problems and improve the lives of millions of people globally.
You'll succeed because…
…you're a creative and tenacious problem solver. You've worked in laboratories before so you're familiar with the methods and techniques used. Degree qualified in a scientific discipline, you're also able to communicate effectively with colleagues from different fields. Independently minded, you've a healthy curiosity and will actively seek out additional information when you need it.
You'll love it because…
…you'll get to make an impact like never before. You'll be responsible for your own projects - we can't wait to listen to your ideas. The products you help us get out there will make people's lives better. Our iconic brands will provide an incredible platform for you. And our dynamic, ownership-driven culture will help bring the very best out of you, every day.
• Support research initiatives to investigate the application of clinical, ex-vivo and invitro models and methods to be used in the development of new and innovative products and product claims under personal care and surface care hygiene product category.
• Experience with conducting required tests (e.g. AOAC, ASTM, CEN-EN, Pharmacopeia and Cosmetic product testing) to evaluate the antimicrobial efficacy of experimental formulations, finished products and ingredients.
• Collaborate and partner with a diverse scientific teams including internal and external stakeholders, academia, key opinion leaders on skin research and testing
• Assist with experimental design, lead study execution, data analysis, author technical reports and product summaries.
• Help create new microbiological methods to foster a pipeline of innovative claims.
• Manage multiple projects and provide microbiological support within the required project timelines (including testing and reporting of results) to the project teams.
• Perform appropriate laboratory practices and procedures, and consistently maintain laboratory records and notebooks in compliance with Good Laboratory Practice standards.
• Communicate effectively across the team, with management, and external partners to accomplish goals.
• Experience with and understanding of Micro efficacy methodologies used to support product and new claims development for personal care and surface care hygiene products - CEN EN methods, AOAC, ASTM, ISO.
• Knowledge of formulation, biocides, and antimicrobial actives.
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements for countries
• Strong interpersonal skills to nurture teamwork and foster an environment of achievement.
• The ability to think laterally to apply novel solutions and supporting justifications to challenging problems or situations.
• Excellent networking and communication skills to effectively liaise with cross-functional teams and to provide feedback to cross-functional and cross-cultural project teams or immediate supervisor.
• Demonstrated project management skills and working in matrix organization
• Strong organizational skills and problem-solving skills
• Strong verbal communication skills to effectively provide feedback to project teams.
• Timely execution of multiple project objectives within established timelines
• Self-motivated, seeking information from both internal and external sources to accomplish objectives and meet project timelines
• Exhibits the ability to motivate and develop others within the R&D organization
• Displays a high degree of flexibility regarding changing project priorities• BS/BA degree in a related science and minimum of 5 years of experience in the related field
• MS degree in a related science and minimum of 3 years' experience in the related field
• PhD in a related science and minimum of 3 years' experience in the related field
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability or medical condition; colour, ethnicity, race, citizenship, and national origin; religion; pregnancy, family status and caring responsibilities; sexual orientation; sex, gender identity, gender expression, and transgender identity; protected veteran status; size or any other basis protected by appropriate law.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.