Prince William Conservation Alliance seeks an ambitious, experienced, and enthusiastic Executive Director to lead the next chapter of our organization's history. Founded in 2002 as a community non-profit organization, Prince William Conservation Alliance has grown to be a leading voice for the environment and land use in Prince William County.
Prince William Conservation Alliance inspires people to enjoy, and protect, vital natural resources through educational programming, conservation work, and advocacy on land use issues. We work to establish desirable, equitable, sustainable communities, promote environmental stewardship, and create opportunities for residents to engage in decisions that impact their communities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for directing the Alliance's efforts including:
- Land conservation and land use advocacy.
- Presenting community programs including natural tours, wildlife walks, and educational programs.
- Coordinate partner programs and volunteer opportunities including bird counts, butterfly counts, and native plant gardening.
We seek an Executive Director who is an ambitious, experienced, and enthusiastic leader who will work with the Prince William Conservation Alliance Board of Directors, staff, members and community stakeholders to guide our organization in its next chapter as one of the county's leading conservation voices.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and serves as the CEO of the organization. The successful candidate will:
- Promote and advocate for smart land use and environmental conservation in Prince William County. This may include speaking for the organization at local and regional meetings, conferences and workshops, communicating in a positive and knowledgeable way about the organization's vision, mission, and activities.
- Foster and develop partnerships with local, regional, state, and federal environmental organizations, agencies, businesses, and governments to promote Prince William Conservation Alliance's mission and vision.
- Work with the board and staff to determine and align the values, mission, vision, and short and long-term goals of the organization. Keep the board fully apprised of developments, financial matters, and all other issues.
- Manage and oversee all organizational activities, programs, and operations.
- Coordinate the Alliance's volunteer efforts and recruit new volunteers.
- Participate as a non-voting member in Board meetings; assist with scheduling, setting agendas, and providing background and information.
- Direct fundraising through individual donors and grants with assistance from the Board.
- Bachelor's degree-advanced degree preferred-or equivalent work experience, in natural resources, planning, agriculture, forestry, or a related field and a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience required.
- Demonstrated management experience within an environmental non-profit organization
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, including the ability to be a liaison with the Board, the staff, volunteers, and the public.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with a diverse constituency including elected officials, non-profit representatives, neighborhood associations, and individuals with a wide range of backgrounds and perspectives.
- Experience working with community organizing, including public outreach and education campaigns.
- Willing to work some weekends and evenings.
- Valid driver's and reliable transportation required.
- Familiarity with Zoom, Google Workspace, and Microsoft Office
This position is based out of our Woodbridge office: 2239 Tackett's Mill Drive, Woodbridge VA 22192.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org