To be considered for this position, please apply through this link: https://boards.greenhouse.io/variantbio/jobs/4551165004 Job Description
The ideal candidate is a Ph.D. who is passionate about the potential for genetic research to improve the lives of people around the world. We are looking for an epidemiologist with broad interests in a range of human disease areas who is not intimidated by constant research and learning. The candidate will assist with the design of studies across a range of settings involving human populations, including: population outliers, phenotype extremes, clinical outliers, and adaptation studies involving unique global populations, hospital databases and repositories, and extreme environments. Responsibilities will include supporting Variant Bio's recruitment approaches in partnership with international hospital networks as well as contributing to the design of population-based genetic research projects in South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and Oceania. Our current projects cover areas of positive adaptation to various environmental conditions with relevance to kidney disease, liver disease, autoimmune disorders, and neurodegenerative disorders.
This is a full-time position. Title will be commensurate with experience level. Responsibilities
- Identify populations of interest based on genetic, medical, and epidemiological data.
- Design genomic drug discovery projects requiring diverse epidemiologic approaches and statistical considerations.
- Support the development of an individual and population outlier recruitment strategies.
- Contribute to modifying Variant Bio's internal phenotyping platform and database creation.
- Develop and lead internal medical questionnaire resources.
- Work closely with the Partnerships team and Variant's ethicists to ensure ethical project design and proper community consultation.
- PhD required with 6+ years of relevant experience in epidemiology, biostatistics, and study design required.
- Experience designing genetic and clinical research studies involving human subjects.
- Experience in establishing international scientific collaborations preferred.
- Independent, creative, detail-oriented, and a critical thinker.
- Compelled by the company's mission of great science, a strong ethical stance, and benefit sharing.
To be considered for this position, please apply through this link: https://boards.greenhouse.io/variantbio/jobs/4551165004
- Opportunity to be part of a startup entering a rapid growth phase grounded in ethics.
- Competitive salary and equity packages as well as a 401(k) plan that includes an automatic 3% employer contribution.
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision with 100% of monthly employee premiums paid for by the company.
- Flexible paid time off to help employees obtain a healthy work-life balance.
- Company paid professional development opportunities to encourage career progression.
- Orca Card provided by the company for work related transportation.
- Centrally located Eastlake, Seattle location in a new Alexandria building with modern facilities, including a gym.