****PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE IS REMOTE BASED ON THE EAST COAST****
The statements below reflect the general responsibilities and requirements of the identified position but may not describe all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.Job Summary:
Develop, implement and maintain programs and processes that will ensure a safe and environmentally responsible work environment and compliance with applicable regulatory requirements/company procedures, minimize EHS related risk to Labcorp, and strive for EHS excellence.Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides technical expertise, training and guidance to ensure compliance with applicable state/country regulatory and industry standards.
- Ensures the development, deployment and, as necessary, delivery of effective EHS training to supervisors and employees.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures.
- May function as Chemical Hygiene Officer, Emergency Coordinator or other site technical expert as needed.
- May function as the EHS Site Key Contact, working with the HR Business Partner team.
- May administer waste programs, including day-to-day monitoring of waste quantities generated, procurement of packaging supplies and labels and scheduling of waste pickups.
- May administer safety programs, including day-to-day monitoring of contractors, facility safety, and fire safety.
- May lead EHS Committee and Team activities, such as department safety teams, emergency response team, etc.
- May manage Material Safety Data Sheets and Hazardous Materials Management System.
- Prepares and submits regulatory and internal company reports as required, including air permit and wastewater records, emission and hazardous waste reports, injury/illness and other EHS reports.
- Develops, implements and maintains required EHS programs, may include but not limited to, respiratory protection, hazardous waste management, emergency planning and response, etc.
- Investigates accidents and spills and identifies and communicate corrective measures to PSC Leadership team.
- Identifies and assesses workplace hazards and communicate corrective measures to PSC Leadership team.
- Interacts with government agencies.
- Communicates effectively with site management and employees.
- Assist in the integration of new acquisitions/mergers within the regional/business units.
- Provide technical assistance in the movement or closure of Labcorp PSC facilities.
- Conduct on-site and desk EHS safety audits.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
Travel Requirements: Yes
- Internal - Labcorp employees and management.
- External - Regulators, Vendors, Contractors.
Language Skills Required:
- Occasionally - less than 40%.
- Speaking: Yes: Country's National Language; English
- Writing/Reading: Yes: Country's National Language; English
- Bachelor's degree in Science or Technical Field and Minimum of five years EHS experience preferably working in a laboratory or research & development environment.
- Professional certification in Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Environmental Area preferred.
- General office, Patient Service Center, In-House Phlebotomist environment.
- Matrix organizational relationships.
- May work with or in the proximity of hazardous materials.
- May work with human blood and other potentially infectious materials,
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Occasional overtime and weekend work may be required.
- Must be physically fit to wear protective equipment that could include respiratory protection and other similar PPE.
- Immunizations and screenings as required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see ourPrivacy Statement.