Director 5 - Environmental Services / Custodial
**Sodexo** is hiring a passionate **Director 5 -** **Environmental Services** at our long term client, Glendale Adventist Medical Center, located in **Glendale, CA.** This acute care hospital has 515 beds and and has been recognized at state and national levels. This position will have oversight of 5 Sodexo Managers and a team of ~150 hourly employees.
**Job Responsibilities include:**
+ Oversees all day to day operations for Environmental Services, Linen and Patient Transportation; Successfully motivates and manages team in a fast paced environment;
+ Integrates fully within our clients organization, becoming a trusted advisor;
+ Budget management; ensures that financial targets are achieved;
+ Regulatory compliance and safety;
+ Works to achieve continuous improvement in patient satisfaction/experience scores;
+ Driving employee and customer engagement.
**Are you the experienced Director we are seeking?**
+ You have in-depth knowledge of Sodexo ES systems and processes including TRAKKAR, UOS, Gold Check, ENGAGE and black light inspections;
+ You have proven experience driving high patient satisfaction scores along with employee and customer engagement;
+ You have proven experience managing and executing multiple priorities, and managing multiple long-standing projects;
+ You have the ability to multitask in a high volume, fast paced healthcare environment;
+ Employees in Healthcare and Seniors are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Sodexo no later than February 28, 2022, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination via an online portal.
+ After February 28, you must be fully vaccinated before you can start work. Fully vaccinated by February 28 means:
+ Obtain the first dose of a two-dose vaccine no later than January 27, 2022; and the second dose no later than February 28, 2022; or
+ Obtain one dose of a single-dose vaccine no later than January 27, 2022
Provides local account leadership and strategic direction to the on-site Environmental Service exempt and non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service programs. Directs business practices in order to uphold Company mission and values and commitments made in the Sodexo/Client contractual agreement.
- Establishes safe work environment for clients/ customers/staff.
- Executes strategic plan in alignment with the scope of service, Sodexo mission & values within our contractual agreement
- Fully implement and adhere to the Sodexo Clients for Life process
- Provides team leadership and direction by ensuring cohesiveness among the activities of subordinates to achieve planned outcomes.
- Ensures compliance with consistency of application of all Sodexo Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement and Regulatory standards within the contractually agreed upon scope of services.
- Ensures full administration of and adherence to all regulatory, Sodexo, Client, and Regulatory Human Resource standards and requirements
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring compliance to operating standards.
- Develops, administers, and monitors Sodexo and/or Client budget performance. Develops action plans to ensure performance is in accordance with strategic initiatives and client commitments.
- Develops and utilizes performance metrics to assist with problem analysis, and development of action plans and solutions
- Facilitates ongoing effective communications with direct reports, frontline staff, Clients, Customers, and Sodexo Leadership
- Oversees major repairs and renovation projects by identifying and managing vendors/contractors, including bid process, contract compliance and vendor/contractor performance
**Qualifications & Requirements**
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years of work experience in housekeeping or custodial services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
**System ID** _764507_
**Category** _Environmental Services / Custodial_
**Relocation Type** _No_
**Employment Status** _Full-Time_