Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
Quality Marysville, Washington, United States Permanent Full-time Bachelor's Degree First experience
Models and promotes a culture that fosters safety practices through effective leadership, programs and training for all Greenpoint facilities. Works with and through organizational leadership and staff to ensure awareness and understanding of polices, practices and requirements. Provides guidance and direction for the planning, implementation and operation of the organization's Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) policies, practices and guidelines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensures facilities are operating in compliance with all applicable local, state, federal and ZA environmental, health and safety regulations as defined by EHS Management.
• Assists with the continuous improvement of hazard identification and safety risk assessment and the organization's safety management system (SMS).
• Partners with safety committees and workstation hazard assessment teams.
• Performs safety self-audit and inspection programs and maintains accurate records of such audits.
• Assists in completing accident and incident investigations, root cause analyses, determines probable causes, provides reporting and recommendations for corrective action.
• May represent the company with local, state and federal agencies as required.
• Ensures the proper onsite management of solid, universal, and hazardous wastes and leads efforts to eliminate and/or reduce wastes through reusing, recycling and various other methods to maintain compliance with Greenpoint and regulatory requirements.
• Plans improvements aimed at reducing environmental risks and contaminant release into the environment.
• Maintains the company emergency measures plan.
• Provides employee and contractor EHS training and ensures all safety orientations and safety training are conducted timely and effectively and maintains records accordingly.
• Ensures all accident and prevention programs are current and adhered to including first aid and CPR training/supplies, personal protective equipment, SDS, safety committee, etc.
• Models exemplary safety behavior, follows regulatory practices and rules.
• Collaborates with management and organizational staff to disseminate and communicate environmental, health and safety information.
• Analyzes technical data for trends related to hazards, events and occurrences.
• Investigates and measures opportunities to increase process efficiency and effectiveness.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Job Knowledge - You are competent in required job skills and knowledge, you exhibit ability to learn and apply new skills, you keep abreast of current developments, you require minimal supervision, you display an understanding of how your job relates to others, and you use resources effectively.
• Change Management - You adapt to changes in the work environment and develop workable implementation plans, communicate change effectively, build commitment and overcome resistance, prepare and support those affected by change, and you change approach or method to best fit the situation while monitoring and evaluating results.
• Problem Solving - You identify problems in a timely manner, you gather and analyze information skillfully, you develop alternative solutions, you resolve problems in early stages, and you work well in group problem solving situations.
• Impact & Influence - You pursue and win support for ideas, you display ability to influence key decision-makers, you achieve win-win outcomes, you use authority appropriately to accomplish goals, and you address divergent opinions
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
Bachelor's Degree (BS) and three years of EHS experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Two years OSHA experience required. Aviation industry experience and familiarity with Repair Station Manual preferred.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Thorough understanding of OSHA compliance requirements.
• Familiarity with regulations associated with OSHA, EPA, DTSC, AQMD, CUPA and other regulatory agencies.
• Knowledge of specific laws, regulations, and industry practices pertaining to safety.
• Ability to lead and manage safety and environmental programs and activities across multiple locations.
• Ability to develop and implement safety training programs to promote a safe work environment.
• Knowledge of building and property security procedures.
• Ability to communicate in English (read, write and verbally communicate).
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally, demonstrating a high level of customer service.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Strong communication, time-management and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Effectively provide leadership and direction to the department and maintain budgets.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
• Able to comply with DOT/FAA Drug and Alcohol Testing Program.
• Able to climb and work on step stools and/or ladders.
• Able to lift 50 lbs. without assistance/able to lift up to 100 lbs. with assistance.
• Able to reach overhead.
• Able to work in a non-dust-free environment.
• Full range of motion with both hands.
• Can work in a stooping, kneeling or standing position and in cramped areas.
15100 40th Avenue Northeast - Suite 201WA 98271
Washington United States
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated cabin interiors, catering systems and cargo equipment.
Number of countries where Safran is located